Active Topics

I am running ORB version 2.00.0930 on an Athlon X2 running Vista Ultimate. I am using it to stream video and mp3's to my N800, which is running the latest firmware and has the new microbrowser installed. I have Real selected as the video streaming format and have it set to between 300-400 Kb/s streaming rate. When I try to play a video, Media player pops up a message stating:

"Video resolution not supported."

I only get this error message when I have MicroB selected as the browser rendering engine. When I have Opera selected as the browser engine, the video plays just fine, despite Orb being set with the exact same settings. Another bug I have noticed is occasionally I will get very low audio levels and not be able to adjust them upwards (I can have both volume sliders at max and the audio will be almost whisper quiet).

Anyone have any ideas?

Hi

I have the same issue, resolved by switching browsers before orbing. The gui that you get when you hit mycast.orb.com from the N800 browser with the opera engine installed is a customised gui. The user agent thats supplied to orb when you use the microb engine is different so you dont get the custom Gui. Why it does not work when you select the same settings I have no idea - I suspect that the N800 detection at orb forces a low res stream - you dont get the option to select a resolution in the settings on Orb.

What I wish is that it supported ASX. An asx stream over the same connection from my WM6 mobile phone is far far superior to what I get from the N800 using realmedia.

Nigel

The Following User Says Thank You to veletron For This Useful Post: