Notices

Posts: 95 | Thanked: 19 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Mexico, Monterrey.
Well people, I decided to install the MAFW equilizer for the N900, I installed the MGR flavor, which, should have worked on the default media player.

Now, my problem is that, it doesn't matter how much I change the equalizer, it always sounds the same (no bass boost, no treble reduce, etc...).

Does anybody knows how to actually make the equalizer work? If for someone it works, do you have extra add-ons for the media player (codecs)?

Note : I used this website
Code:
http://maemobriefs.blogspot.com/2010/02/mafw-equalizer-mafw-gst-eq-renderer.html

I followed the instructions and I can't find out even how to launch the equalizer applet. How did you do it mothmanx?

Go to Settings, and on the bottom, it will say MSFW equalizer

Originally Posted by kidcharles View Post
I followed the instructions and I can't find out even how to launch the equalizer applet. How did you do it mothmanx?
Where you able to notice a difference?

Posts: 323 | Thanked: 32 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ Southern Oregon Coast
any possibility of this EVER working on N810?

Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
Originally Posted by coosbaytv View Post
any possibility of this EVER working on N810?
No. The N810 does not use MAFW. I believe XMMS, which does have an equaliser, is available for Diablo.

@mothmanex
Dumb question, but have you tried rebooting?

Originally Posted by qwerty12 View Post
No. The N810 does not use MAFW. I believe XMMS, which does have an equaliser, is available for Diablo.

@mothmanex
Dumb question, but have you tried rebooting?
No equalizer that I am aware of and many of us have asked...over and over again!

ok, so I found the info for gstreamer...

is there a simple way to install the app WITH the EQ WITHOUT having to go into terminal and mod something?

I just want an audio player with EQ on board!

If I could code my own, I would...I can"t

Originally Posted by mothmanex View Post
Where you able to notice a difference?
Thanks for the tip, didn't know it was hiding under settings. The equalizer is definitely working for me! Maybe a stupid question, but did you make sure to follow all the steps including uninstalling with "apt-get remove mafw-gst-renderer" and rebooting. Wish I could help more.

Man its a shame that theres no built in equalizer in the N900. Thats so basic. Now we have to tinker around to get this one working...

Thats really one little thing with the N900 that annoys me so much. I want to pump up the bass a little cause i am not using the in ear headphones.

The Following User Says Thank You to istarskyypsilon For This Useful Post: