Active Topics

I've found that after I've upgraded from 2006 edition to 2007 Hacker Edition (i love it) that it doesn't fall asleep the same way it used to, when the cover is placed on.. has anyone had this problem? I first noticed this when i put it to sleep after using it at night, and in the morning i found it out of battery. Another thing i noticed that it doesn't disconnect from wifi when the cover is placed on...

anyone know anything about this or figured how to play with the settings to make it go back to how it was in 2006 edition?

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Works fine for me. I do notice that it was "turning on" if I had my RSS Reader and the Presence set to be always on... that could be the culprit in your case.

nope... for me, the problem still remains.. example: i can be playing a song on it and then put on the cover.. the song/IT still runs but the screen just shuts off. I tried reflashing it again and the problem still remains so I have a hunch that it's due to HE 2007 but no one seems to have this problem it seems??

*aggravated* ANYONE HELP!

The Following User Says Thank You to didisinned For This Useful Post:
ITOS2007 was made for the N800. It does not know of the clever magnet in the 770's cover and the sensor in the 770's body and the resulting power management. You need to turn things off manually on the N800.

2007HE is a version that runs on the 770, but it still runs the N800 way, and ignores the cover. You need to use the power button menu.

(Yes, this is stupid, everyone has said so already :-)

I had read about the 770 not shutting off the screen when you close the cover, so that doesn't surprise me.
Although you said it did shut off the screen, but the music kept playing??

Because that would be the way things should be. It is the way things work on my 770 with IT2006. I start the music player, put on the cover, and the music keeps playing. That's by design so we can use it as an MP3 Player. True, the screen would blank after only a few minutes anyway, but it saves a bit of battery. :-)

I frequently just close the cover on my 770, and don't want to have to remember to switch it off. I know, I'm lazy, but I really like that feature. If it's not much worse with IT2007HE, I'll consider going there.

My main concern with 2007HE is that it seemed like there was some motion on it, a few releases. And nothing since. I was waiting a bit for some more fixes.

desiv

thanks fpp, i had a hunch that it was due to it being 2007 HE (n800) fault not having that ability... I really think the 2007 version is so much more stable than 2006 but this makes me so sad :-( can anyone PLEASE PLEASE figure it out!!

Posts: 2,152 | Thanked: 1,490 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Czech Republic
Originally Posted by desiv View Post
I had read about the 770 not shutting off the screen when you close the cover, so that doesn't surprise me.
Although you said it did shut off the screen, but the music kept playing??
Because that would be the way things should be. It is the way things work on my 770 with IT2006. I start the music player, put on the cover, and the music keeps playing. That's by design so we can use it as an MP3 Player.
For me it does turn off screen and keys when I put cover on my N770 with 2007HE. However it does not disconnect from network. People already reported it as a bug
https://garage.maemo.org/tracker/ind...d=164&atid=681

If you really need to PM me with troubleshooting question please consider posting it to the forum instead. It is OK to PM me a link to such post then. Thank you.

Posts: 428 | Thanked: 54 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Washington DC
I wish they would release the updated HE already.

I had to turn off the WiFi checking for a connection every 10 min or something so it wouldn't keep the wifi on all night. Thus draining the battery.

yeah.. even by turning off the wifi, the battery still slowly drains. So sad so sad.

Mine behaves as Fanoush says. Display shuts off, but WiFi keeps on going.
It's kind of weird walking around work with a SSH server running in my pocket all day.

Anyway, if it is able to sense the cover's magnet to turn off the light, then it is aware of the cover being on. So surely we can 'listen to the DBUS'.
I'm a programmer, but I'm a little busy preparing for an overseas trip, so I haven't got time to mess with this at the moment. Besides, I am a complete Linux noob.

But thanks to Stefan Tomanek's explanation, I am sure someone can figure out how to tap into the dbus message relating to the cover, or maybe a script that it is already calling. At that point, disabling wlan or just turning on 'flight mode' (didn't know it had one) would suffice.