Posts: 6 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Portland, OR
DailyTech

Intel source

From what I understand this is simply first silicon working in a dev board, but it's working. This will be the platform that attempts to directly compete with ARM based architectures in the mobile space.

CPU has the Bonnell core (which Silverthorne (Atom) is based off of) with memory controller, 3d vid, and hardware vid decode integrated on die. Paired with Langwell IOH and a specially designed power control IC that is able to shut down any individual segment of either the IOH or the CPU to save power when not in use.

Just to keep things transparent, I am an Intel employee, but I only work in manufacturing, and am in now way speaking on the companies behalf other then some bias in pimping our up and coming products

hehe, looks like my current upgrade path from the N810 is to the N900 hopefully some time near the front of next year, and Intel based near the end. I love this stuff.

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
Finally. We'll have something to point to when people ask us about running Windows on the tablet. "Go get that Moorstown-based tablet," we'll say, "It can run XP. <hork-spit!>"

Of course, all of us hardcore geeks will probably still be using ARM-based tablets.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to qole For This Useful Post: