Posts: 1,674 | Thanked: 171 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Anderson, IN
what im wanting is an app that is like xournal , with lined paper etc. but where i can type as well as sketch on the same screen. say where i could type and it stays on the lines of the paper but can highlight , draw etc. i find that my handwriting isnt the best on xournal. although i still love the program.... hard to stay in the lines.

Posts: 546 | Thanked: 85 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Winnipeg, Canada
Since I'm looking for an app that has almost exactly the same functionality, I figured i awaken this old thread instead of creating a new one (hope you don't mind munky ).

For myself I'm looking for an editor that I would mainly use for typing (as my hand writing is atrocious, that's one of the reasons I like computers in the first place ), but I'd like the capability to be able to add hand drawings, diagrams, etc.

Any ideas anyone? TX
N800 | 2 x 8gb OCX SD | Boxwave Anti-glare SS | PDAir book-style case
Holux M-1200 bluetooth GPS | iGo 4-row bluetooth keyboard | Linksys USB 10/100 ethernet | Plantronics Voyager 855 BT Headset

Posts: 1,012 | Thanked: 817 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ France

the next mNotes will be able to take photo with cam, really simple text handwritted ( simply curve in dark and a delete ) and still the old text typped with keyboard feature.

But handwritted and typped text will be on a different notebook page. But can be on the same notes.

Of course i can always add some draw features.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Khertan For This Useful Post:
Alpha not available yet mNotes 0.2.0 :

Last edited by Khertan; 2009-01-14 at 16:54.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Khertan For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
maemopad+ lets you type on one page and draw on another.

what about an app that allows you to append a photo to a note (typed or otherwise)

Originally Posted by prk60091 View Post
what about an app that allows you to append a photo to a note (typed or otherwise)
Like cheezburgr? (I strongly recommend against installing that POC unless you actually plan to fix it up; it's not robust, sane, or even necessarily non-evil. But I think you can find a proper netpbm for maemo these days.)

The Following User Says Thank You to Benson For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,635 | Thanked: 1,816 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Manchester, England
dare I say fixed in fremantle

its been on the agenda for liqbase for a while now.

I can add a button to the photo feature to add a picture instead of only a picture take with the cam;

Posts: 546 | Thanked: 85 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Winnipeg, Canada
Thanks for the feedback. I'll give maemopad+ a try & wait anxiously for the mnotes & liqbase updates .

Ideally I'd want to be able to type some text & add a drawing after it or below the line (such as a small diagram after 'draw a circle with a small elipse inside of it'. How much smaller is the elipse? Is it closer to the bottom, top, side, ... ?)
N800 | 2 x 8gb OCX SD | Boxwave Anti-glare SS | PDAir book-style case
Holux M-1200 bluetooth GPS | iGo 4-row bluetooth keyboard | Linksys USB 10/100 ethernet | Plantronics Voyager 855 BT Headset

The Following User Says Thank You to grog For This Useful Post: