Are there any apps available that could simulate a mobile phone browser or something like the Opera Turbo? My 2.5G connection is not letting me access google account - not even the log in page !

Macuco doesn't seem to be ready for Fremantle yet..

Posts: 235 | Thanked: 163 times | Joined on Dec 2008 @ Costa Rica
For accesing gmail, I recommend the simplified hmtl page, instead the standard one.

You can access it using this link:

http://mail.google.com/mail/h/

hope it helps!

The Following User Says Thank You to fred123 For This Useful Post:
@isolano That link didn't work as well.. the request timed out just like all the other google account links that i'd got.

@fred123 I'll try that out, but it'll probably be a month cuz i have term exams coming up the day after..

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
If you can't access Google mail, there is something seriously wrong. Did you just get your N900? I think that almost 100% of N900 users use Google Mail or at least have an account.

Guess what, i couldn't control myself and so went ahead and enabled extrastesting and got hold of midori. and this is what happened:

first i tried loading google.com on midori but it gave "couldn't be loaded" and "cannot connect to destination".
than i tried google with firefox and it said "proxy server is refusing connection". I did a reboot and tried again.
Again midori failed and firefox failed. i tried microb, it worked.
I tried again and this time midori still failed, but firefox was well and working.

Originally Posted by geneven View Post
If you can't access Google mail, there is something seriously wrong. Did you just get your N900? I think that almost 100% of N900 users use Google Mail or at least have an account.
I got gmail and the works when i use wifi. It's with 2G that the problem crops up. I think the prob is that the desktop class browser doesn't have the patience to wait for 'lesser' network connections. Proud browser? =)

Anybody have any tips for me with Midori ..?

Bump! Help me with Midori. I get a similar problem with IceW as well..

WHy not just use Nokias built in email system and set up a Gmail account?

It is possible to get Opera Mini to run.. takes a little bit of work to get it installed but it is effective.

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...highlight=java

i'd also suggest searching the forum for information on creating desktop shortcuts to make it easier to launch

Posts: 2,829 | Thanked: 1,459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
Originally Posted by Snaps View Post
WHy not just use Nokias built in email system and set up a Gmail account?
Have you used gmail from webpage? Default email program is ok for checking that there is new message and replying to it, but universal message center and overall message handling (search, folders,tasks,todo,tags etc.) is joke with default email client(modest).

Last edited by slender; 2010-02-24 at 12:50.