Posts: 24 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Feb 2009 @ Northwest of Austin, TX
I have been using the built in n900 calendar to keep track of my baby girl's life happenings since she was born February of this year. I have thousands of entries under different calendars. When I grabbed the n900 to make an entry for this morning, all the calendar entries (and calendars I created) were missing. Any suggestions on getting this back?
I have not been able to sync the calendar with anything, so I've been making periodic backups using Nokia PC Suite. I have been reluctant to do a restore since I don't want to overwrite the existing file(s), if they still exist.
Any help appreciated!
Thanks in advance.

Bump &

I've emailed Nokia tech support, so hopefully they will have some help to offer.

I'm worried it's doing this because there are 'too many entries', which is nonsense. If there's an option to "never delete" then it should be able to handle millions of 'appointments'.

Posts: 1,637 | Thanked: 4,424 times | Joined on Apr 2009 @ Germany
Hi andaloosa,

if you are a bit familiar with linux and the command
line, you can open xterm and verify if the calendar db-file
is there.
Calendar entries are stored in a file called "calendardb" in
your home-folder:
/home/user/.calendar/calendardb

You can even use the commandline program sqlite3 to
list entries with SQL queries.

Or you can use my program "scout" to search your
calendar entries

regards
Nicolai

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nicolai For This Useful Post:
Thank you Nicolai.
I was able to locate the calendardb file in /home/user/.calendar/ and it seems to still exist, but the calender program isn't loading it. Looks like the file size is 1.2M. It seems like the n900 has made a backup file of it (on it's own). My husband (very familiar with xterm) helped me copy the backup over the calendardb file. They loaded, but a lot of entries and calendars were still missing. On reboot, they again wouldn't load.
Any thoughts?

I did get a response from Nokia tech support, but it was useless. He told me how sorry he was that I was having calendar problems on my n90 and the only way to get it back was to do a restore from my 10 day old backup. He also suggested I sync my n90 with Ovi.
I responded that I had a N Nine Hundred and that it wasn't compatible with Ovi and to please forward my email to some more advanced tech support.

Thanks again,
Robin

Last edited by andaloosa; 2010-08-28 at 15:47. Reason: grammar fix

Posts: 96 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Adelaide, Australia
This has happened twice to me now but I can't remember how I fixed it last time.

Can anybody help?

Thanks.