Notices

Posts: 383 | Thanked: 209 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ London UK
As the title says really..
Im looking for an alternative to StockThis as yahoo finance is a bit poo for ETF's
The application will not give me quotes for

IEMI
IAPD
IUKD
IEEM

At first i thought it might be the app, but searching for those symbols on yahoo finance returns no results unless you are in the ETF section of the web, so it is a yahoo issue, or the app is relying on the global search page.
Anyone using anything else at the moment???

Useful links for newcomers: New members say hello, New users start here, Community subforum , Beginners'wiki page, Maemo5 101, Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

If I can help with anything else, just ask!

Last edited by edgedemon; 2010-01-07 at 11:16.

Posts: 696 | Thanked: 1,012 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Asturies, Spain
You can add to StockThis the symbols that are not in the application database.

Follow these steps:
  • Open StockThis, and press the Portfolio button.
  • In the Portfolio screen, press "Add manually" button.
  • There, you can introduce the data, the name can be anything, but the "Yahoo Finance symbol" must be the right one.

Now, how to get the right symbol from Yahoo:
  • There's a text entry "Get quotes", search there for your symbol, for example IEEM. It's not a valid yahoo symbol, but it will list all similar symbols. In this case, the search will be: A:IEEM.L, IEEM.L, IEEM.MI, IEEM.SW
  • Check out the one that you want, and add it to StockThis, like explained in the first instructions.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to yerga For This Useful Post:
Posts: 383 | Thanked: 209 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ London UK
Originally Posted by yerga View Post
You can add to StockThis the symbols that are not in the application database.

Follow these steps:
  • Open StockThis, and press the Portfolio button.
  • In the Portfolio screen, press "Add manually" button.
  • There, you can introduce the data, the name can be anything, but the "Yahoo Finance symbol" must be the right one.

Now, how to get the right symbol from Yahoo:
  • There's a text entry "Get quotes", search there for your symbol, for example IEEM. It's not a valid yahoo symbol, but it will list all similar symbols. In this case, the search will be: A:IEEM.L, IEEM.L, IEEM.MI, IEEM.SW
  • Check out the one that you want, and add it to StockThis, like explained in the first instructions.
That worked fine for me

Thank you

Useful links for newcomers: New members say hello, New users start here, Community subforum , Beginners'wiki page, Maemo5 101, Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

If I can help with anything else, just ask!

Is there a way to customize the columns in portfolio section?
For example it might be more helpful to see the daily price
changes (in percentage) rather than number of shares owned!

Well I would like a better stock program - or an update to StockThis, where I do NOT have to go into every symbol to get an overview of the markets.

So I would love to:
1. see all portfolio items on one screen with prices
2. option for alerts

:-)

The Following User Says Thank You to kaz911 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Pejman View Post
Is there a way to customize the columns in portfolio section?
For example it might be more helpful to see the daily price
changes (in percentage) rather than number of shares owned!
Right now, it is not possible customize the columns (perhaps for some future version), but I'll add the percentage column in the next version.

Originally Posted by kaz911 View Post
So I would love to:
1. see all portfolio items on one screen with prices
Well, it already is possible in the published version, in the portfolio section. Or probably I am not understanding what you mean.

Originally Posted by kaz911 View Post
2. option for alerts
A tricky one, it should be checking constantly the data, so it will kill your battery very fast.
But if you explain in detail how you want it, I could see if it is possible.

Originally Posted by yerga View Post
Well, it already is possible in the published version, in the portfolio section. Or probably I am not understanding what you mean.

A tricky one, it should be checking constantly the data, so it will kill your battery very fast.
But if you explain in detail how you want it, I could see if it is possible.
hi i have a n810 and have being trying to add the asx -australian securities exchange-i am adding by getting root then inserting the data-i get asx to load in the markets but the rest is a struggle-any help appreciated-a.h.a

What I would like to see from Stockthis is the ability to port my portfolio from Google Finance.

The Following User Says Thank You to nMIK-3 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 519 | Thanked: 366 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ North Carolina (Formerly Denmark and Iceland)
Yerga,

I have a suggestion......which I am also going to make to the maker of Buddy.

Why don´t the two of you get to gether and make a killer financial app.

What Buddy does and StockThis could benefit from:
- Log financial transactions, sum them up and build graphs over time

What StockThis does and Buddy could benefit from:
- Quiz Yahoo finance by trackers for stock holdings, mutual funds etc. (Or stock holding or whatever index I´m tracking)

What I am imagining with those two combined is that I could have my 401K mutual funds listed, as well as what I own in each, at what market price I bought it (and perhaps the date).

The application would then query yahoo finance and calculate how much of a yearly gain/loss or total gain/loss I was in on each particular fund, and even able to summarize up my work 401K holdings, my wife´s 401K holdings, my son´s savings etc through creating different accounts a-la Buddy

I can´t make it happen, although it´d be great to be able to program this, my 70 hour workweeks don´t allow for much time to finish a program like this. It wouldn´t be done ´till 2012, which is sort of late.