Is now a good time to buy an N810wimax? I'm not so concerned with the WiMax now because it's not very widely accessible, but it'll open up with time and I might want it someday. I can get one off Newegg for $399. What I'm really wondering is if I should buy it now or wait a couple months until something better comes out. How long will I likely be waiting for Nokia (or someone else...) to come out with something better than an N810?

Posts: 607 | Thanked: 296 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Finland
i dont know any other wimax device that is compareable n810...

I didn't find any official information on this despite much speculation in other threads, but I think it's reasonable to expect a release or announcement in the next few months. The next tablet is currently called the "n900" by this community.

If you want the n810 wimax for it's looks, then go ahead. I suspect by the time I get wimax in my part of the country there will be a better wimax tablet.

Unfortunately for anyone considering buying a tablet, the next tablets will feature an omap3 for much improved performance over the previous tablets. I bought the n800 only 3 months after I bought my 770 because of the n800's increased performance. I think we're in the same situation now. I'm eagerly awaiting the next tablet for its major performance boost.

Posts: 1,635 | Thanked: 1,816 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Manchester, England
pfttt, its a computer and a tool.
buy one if it appeals and does what you want it for now otherwise don't.

just like I know nvidia are releasing new graphics cards next year as well, but if I want to play games now I have to get what i can.

there are many interesting innovative things to do with this tablet and it can be tailored to whatever you desire.
New software and ways to use and expand it are being worked on as well as lots of good solid software to use it for all kinds of things.

The Following User Says Thank You to lcuk For This Useful Post:
The Wimax doesn't concern me so much because I have pretty wide access to WiFi. I'm at collegea and a lot of my classrooms and other buildings have WiFi for the students, so I'd have somewhat constant access to wireless. Does anyone have information on how quickly the WiMax network will be spreading?