Active Topics

I have installed the program fine, but when it tries to find the N800, it says device not found. The USB drivers install fine and everything looks good, but it doesn't work for some reason. I'm using Vista 32bit Ultimate btw.

Posts: 3,404 | Thanked: 4,474 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Germany
Is the device connected to a USB hub or directly to the computer? For some reason, Nokia's flasher doesn't like USB hubs.

I had the same problem. If I recall, when I satrted up the N800 I didn't release the power key until she connected. In that mode it stays a blank screen, doesn't boot up.

Do you think Windows Vista 32bit is the problem?

I'm having a similar problem. I start the installer, get to the screen that says turn off the N800 plug it in then turn it back on. When I do that, I get the NOKIA startup screen with the USB symbol in the corner, then let go of the power switch. Then the n800 proceeds to boot normally and the installer software never does find it.

I am using a brand new Sony TXN15 with WinXP and connecting directly to the Sony without using a hub.

I'm a little afraid to do anything to the N800 because if I break it, I can't reflash the OS.