Active Topics

Posts: 4 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on May 2010 @ San Luis Potosi, S.L.P., Mexico
01 .- Any cheap cell has the ability to assign different ringtones for incoming calls to discriminate, but the cel n900 with all their technology, do not have that function, all calls ring the same tone. How can discriminate calls from these numbers that continually call you and you do not wish to answer?
02 .- contemporary models of nokia, n95 and 5800 and, I know that have the ability to edit the label of each number stored in a contact, so you can define for example, if the contact has three cell numbers of different companies, with different benefits, what company is for each issue and not be guessing which number is which company. the n900 does not. I am a simple user, ¿who will be the hero to resolve these shortcomings?

01.- Cualquier celular barato tiene la posibilidad de asignar sonidos de llamada diferentes para discriminar las llamadas entrantes, pero este cel N900 con toda su tecnología, no tiene esa funcion, todas las llamadas suenan con el mismo tono.
¿Cómo se pueden discriminar las llamadas de esos números que continuamente te llaman y tu no deseas contestar?
02.- Los modelos contemporaneos de Nokia, como N95 y 5800, me consta que tienen la posibilidad de editar la etiqueta de cada numero guardado en un Contacto, así puedes definir por ejemplo, si ese contacto tiene 3 números celulares de diferentes compañias, con diferentes beneficios, a qué compañia corresponde cada número y no estar adivinando cual número es de cual compañía. Este N900 no lo permite. Soy un simple usario, ¿quién sera el héroe que resuelva estas carencias?

Posts: 549 | Thanked: 299 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Australian in the Philippines
1. Please search, you can assign different ring tones to contacts, there are a couple of applications that provide this feature - the reason I say search is because you will learn quite a bit on your journey. The N900 is a tablet computer with phone features. Not a cell phone : )

2. Good point. This bothers me too. There is a brainstorm or two and a number of threads about this issue. It hasn't been solved yet - without reverse engineering conversations, this is something only Nokia can really fix.

Last edited by dchky; 2010-08-11 at 12:35.

Posts: 4 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on May 2010 @ San Luis Potosi, S.L.P., Mexico
My dear friend, thanks for your time to read this lines. You say something about a couple of aplications that provide different ring tones, could you tell me about an specific aplication, to download it in my trash N900?
Regards

Originally Posted by Pp Tools View Post
My dear friend, thanks for your time to read this lines. You say something about a couple of aplications that provide different ring tones, could you tell me about an specific aplication, to download it in my trash N900?
Regards
at the exact time you posted this message , there was a topic called :
Custom ringtones for your contacts [in Extras-Devel] (61)

in the active topics... anyways :

if you want to have different ring tones for groups get MyContacts , there is also another application which has a very descriptive name , i think you would have found it if u have searched in the first place..
Custom ringtones for your contacts !