Notices

Posts: 145 | Thanked: 54 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Finland
So, how is your n900 (or other devices) working outdoors? I have to say I was suprised how well my n900 can handle even -30 degrees of celcius as i am working as a snowmobile safari guide here in finland. my previous phone (5800xm) didn't like winter at all and it was allways crashing, rebooting, screen stopped reponding and/or acting weird when temperature dorpped below -5C. n900 however works perfectly and i have even dropped it to deep snow and i dug it up, dryed it and it works still

PS. sry for my bad english, i hope you get what im trying to say

The Following User Says Thank You to KetkuFIN For This Useful Post:
It's common for some LCD screens to freeze in temperatures below 0c. My nephew's Samsung was pretty sluggish after he left it outside overnight on Christmas Day.

The old green-screens (Nokia 3310) type were the worst for it.

Me too I am pretty amazed of the N900's resistance to cold. I am here in Montreal and sometimes it too can reach -30 degrees and my N900 would still act pretty operational with my gloves on! Can't say I see many other people do that
(but...it does drain the battery a lot faster though, lol, but I think that's normal)

Posts: 213 | Thanked: 115 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Rota Land
its not really a problem for me but the anemic battery life kinda gets to me. so i always tote around a charger haha. yes i am cheap, i dont have a spare battery

well, if sunlight falls on my screen, I can't read it anymore.
Just a bad screen to read in sunlight.

Posts: 1,425 | Thanked: 983 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Hong Kong
Originally Posted by Kenny1001 View Post
well, if sunlight falls on my screen, I can't read it anymore.
Just a bad screen to read in sunlight.
I recommend you get a anti-glare screen protector for your N900.

Posts: 209 | Thanked: 203 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Portugal
Why don't you overclock your phone to 5Ghz? If it's all that cold there should be no problem
(Note: this is sarcasm)

Here it's not cold, but sometimes we get somewhat hot temperatures, last summer we got a week of 38ºC's up to 41ºC's. My phone hadn't any problem, however it was hot and you could notice when you use it.

Posts: 97 | Thanked: 60 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Paris
Last year during my under the sun holidays installed one of the light theme of d-iivil (guess it was istyle light) and that did the job of reading in sunlight for me....

Originally Posted by 9000 View Post
I recommend you get a anti-glare screen protector for your N900.
I have a screenprotector, but dunno if its a anti-glare one. It's a thick one, that doesn't scratch easy, and cleans easy.

Posts: 356 | Thanked: 217 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Netherlands
I tried telling my n900 to water the flowers, but it just sits there... It isnt workin AT ALL :P

But seriously, I have the easy back-light switcher installed and i never have any trouble with the sun. just put it on 5 bars and read away