Posts: 89 | Thanked: 26 times | Joined on Mar 2011 @ Chennai
Hey guys !! am totally upset with nokia now for not supporting nor updating Maemo 5 I heard that nokia n900 will be the last Maemo device from nokia and its keen on developing meego. Will nokia officially allow users to install meego OS in n900 if its launched as a soft update to n900 ?

If so when is that meego OS getting officially released by nokia for n900 ? or is there any new about the soft update for our n900 officially from nokia ?

Pls help me with tis :|

There will be no official updates for the N900 to MeeGo. There is a Developer Edition port that is available in alpha/beta stages, but requires a reflash and is not supported for end-user applications.

Going forward, they will have Harmattan. It is a Maemo based, mostly MeeGo compatible OS. There will likely be a DE edition of MeeGo for whatever device it appears on.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wmarone For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by wmarone View Post
There will be no official updates for the N900 to MeeGo. There is a Developer Edition port that is available in alpha/beta stages, but requires a reflash and is not supported for end-user applications.

Going forward, they will have Harmattan. It is a Maemo based, mostly MeeGo compatible OS. There will likely be a DE edition of MeeGo for whatever device it appears on.
But why did nokia stopped supporting our n900 bro ? doent that show how cheap nokia is ?

btw is it possible for a normal user to install the developer edition ?

Originally Posted by redscorpionkiller View Post
But why did nokia stopped supporting our n900? doent that show how cheap nokia is ?
Because Nokia has serious internal management problems.

And I'm not your bro.

btw is it possible for a normal user to install the developer edition ?
"possible," but you're better off leaving it alone if Maemo 5 does everything you need it to.

The Following User Says Thank You to wmarone For This Useful Post:
Because Nokia has serious internal management problems.

And I'm not your bro.

"possible," but you're better off leaving it alone if Maemo 5 does everything you need it to.
fine fine. btw how abt installing MeeGo v1.1 for n900 (for normal user) ? is that advisable. If so how to install those dude ? + can u show me some pics of meego in n900 ? pls

fine fine. btw how abt installing MeeGo v1.1 for n900 (for normal user) ? is that advisable. If so how to install those dude ? + can u show me some pics of meego in n900 ? pls
A normal user has no business messing with MeeGo on the N900 at this point. And there's plenty of resources and documentation both here and on meego.com with guides on how to screw up your device trying to install it, no need for me to do it

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to wmarone For This Useful Post:
A normal user has no business messing with MeeGo on the N900 at this point. And there's plenty of resources and documentation both here and on meego.com with guides on how to screw up your device trying to install it, no need for me to do it
ha ha dude so that is the end of soft update of a normal user then ? lawlz

Posts: 293 | Thanked: 81 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Al Quds, Isawiya
f***********ck you nokia

i bought the n900 because of the OS not because i like Nokia.
Always remember : Nokia sucks at support

Posts: 293 | Thanked: 372 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Westside
ha ha dude so that is the end of soft update of a normal user then ? lawlz
End of the official nokia updates, yes; however there is a great community effort underway called Community Seamless Software Update which should enhance/modify many aspects of your N900. Check it out at http://wiki.maemo.org/Community_SSU

"The Cake Is A Lie"

The Following User Says Thank You to frostbyte For This Useful Post: