Dear friends:

Hello,I have a question that how to connect to a specific AP by using Meamo connectivity api ?I am developing a program that
a N810 search a AP and get it's information like name,IAP ID.then send it to another N810 to make it connect to the AP automatically by using the AP information.

I have tried the maemo connectivity api:
con_ic_connection_connect_by_id (ConIcConnection
*connection, const gchar *id, ConIcConnectFlags flags)

it dose work,the program can get connected to a specific AP by
passing it's IAP id to the function,but there exits a problem that is
the IAP id of a AP varies with different device,I have make a experiment: I make two N810s connected to the same AP named BUAA and get its APId,the APId get by a N810 is "7fd56fa5-e26f-46f0-a0fb-179753488aee " and the APId by the other N810 is "bff64462-c1fb-4288-b1f9-955ff527141c".both the two N810 can connect to BUAA via the above api by passing it own APId.

It's really difficult to understand I think, maybe the APId is not the identifier of a AP,what does IAP id refers to in maemo connectivty api?

can I connect to a specific AP by it's name?like BUAA?If it is ,how to do?

I also try the command "dbus-send --type=methode_call --system
dest=com.nokia.icd /com/nokia/icd com.nokia.icd.connect string:BUAA uint32:0" but it doesn't work.

then how can I do?If you konw the answers,please give me a help.

Thank you very much!

IAP info is stored in GConf, you can scan the IAPs there for the correct Wifi AP name and then you have the local IAP id.

(IAP may be any way to connect to the internet, from DUN, to PAN, to USB-networking to wifi, thus they have their own ids)

Try gconf keys under /system/osso/connectivity/IAP/

alternatively you intiate a network scan request (and listen for results) and then you get the iap id with the ssid.

The Following User Says Thank You to rambo For This Useful Post:
To rambo:
Thank you very much for your help,can I connect to a wireless AP with it's ESSID via maemo API like libconic or com.nokia.icd?