Posts: 1,656 | Thanked: 1,196 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Alabama, USA
Anyone know if this can be compiled to run on the Tablets. Its a program that emulate a x86 hardware. I have seen one guy that got it to work on an Ipaq and the guys over at there IRC channel said it should work just not sure how fast it will be.

**All Posts are made as a Community Member and not as a Super Moderator of this site.

The Following User Says Thank You to andrewfblack For This Useful Post:

Posts: 1,656 | Thanked: 1,196 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Alabama, USA
Yeah I just found it and was coming back to post Never Mind, Thanks.

**All Posts are made as a Community Member and not as a Super Moderator of this site.

Has there been any attempts at getting qemu linux dynamic translation, so x86 linux binaries can run with out having full emulation.

Originally Posted by Lee View Post
Has there been any attempts at getting qemu linux dynamic translation, so x86 linux binaries can run with out having full emulation.
I'll give it a try when I've got time. However, given that Linux is mostly open source, you might as well just recompile for armel...

Originally Posted by t3h View Post
I'll give it a try when I've got time. However, given that Linux is mostly open source, you might as well just recompile for armel...
That's true, but there are some closed source apps for linux, there is quite a few games, there is the amazon mp3 downloader (helpful for downloading albums).

Posts: 5,478 | Thanked: 5,222 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ St. Petersburg, FL
Originally Posted by Lee View Post
there is quite a few games
and you think these games will run acceptable at what'll amount to be about a 16MHz x86?

Posts: 1,310 | Thanked: 820 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Irving, TX
Originally Posted by GeneralAntilles View Post
and you think these games will run acceptable at what'll amount to be about a 16MHz x86?
Maybe original pacman... might still be too fast to be playable...

It shouldn't be that slow, I had a DEC Alpha 333Mhz back in the day that could emulate x86 applications to be faster then a 120Mhz Pentium, at least when I tested it with Lightwave under windows NT using FX32. You can achieve higher performance if all you are doing is translating machine code, if you have to actual emulate other hardware (graphics, sound, etc) I can see it going slower then that.

But then again there are not that many games with low requirements, I only found these 2 that looked like they may meet the minimum requirements :P

http://www.lokigames.com/products/smac/
http://www.lokigames.com/products/sc3k/