Hello all,
I was wondering once Jolla reveals Sailfish, would new improvements and apps be ported to the N9 (hopefully acl....questionable though)? Reason I brought this up was I bought my N9 in May and I am not able to break the bank for a new smartphone for another year and a half. Don't get me wrong though, I love my N9 and all the tweaks, mods and apps that the community and developers have done. Just wondering if Jolla's work can help the longevity of our beloved devices.

Edit 1: Since the OS's are similar would the developers be able to port somethings? I know the answer to this question will be clearer when Jolla releases its phone. Just speculation.

Thanks,
TheN9er

Last edited by TheN9er; 2012-11-03 at 17:14.

The Following User Says Thank You to TheN9er For This Useful Post:
Right now, nobody knows.

What we do know is that Jolla will not be supporting the N9 in any way shape or form because it is not their device and as they are yet to provide any information of their OS, all other related information is just based on speculation.

Best advice ATM: Wait and See.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MINKIN2 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,238 | Thanked: 1,278 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Balochistan
same future as N900. don't know that whether this community will release update for N9 as they release for N900. for N9 and N900 if anything left is only this community.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to panjgoori For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
I don't think n9 will get longer life becouse of Jolla. Just look at applications for n900 and n9.not much winning for the n900 in that equation.

Jolla will run its own show.

Still, wouldn't sell my n9 even if it's collecting dust atm.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Well if hardware is similare, maybe will be ported something like nitdroid...but there is not much to hoppe for now...wait and see.

Posts: 1,238 | Thanked: 1,278 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Balochistan
Jolla already announced that their OS will not open source if i remember correctly. they will create a closed OS for sure.

The Following User Says Thank You to panjgoori For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
There is no future for N9. You could hope for Jolla boys and girls to come up with something similar, but so much more polished and competitive, that will have N9 like experience. If they only focused more on details and delivering a better experience.....

But N9 is the way it is. The price has dropped to $300 at some places, it is really being given away at this point.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Lumiaman View Post
But N9 is the way it is. The price has dropped to $300 at some places, it is really being given away at this point.
In Sweden you can get a new N9 16GB for €250. Guess they'll get even cheaper than that.

Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by dannejanne View Post
In Sweden you can get a new N9 16GB for €250. Guess they'll get even cheaper than that.
Same price for the Lumia 900(totally RIP:ed OS) and WP7 has not even a community support. So If I needed a new phone I would go for N9 thats for sure.

We also has nemomobile.

Last edited by mikecomputing; 2012-11-03 at 22:20.

I do recall a Jolla representative saying there OS can run on the N9. I think the N9 or N950 was there test device.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Vromoth For This Useful Post: