Active Topics

Poll: Should Jolla be more transparent?
Poll Options
Should Jolla be more transparent?

Poll based on this thread: http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...0&goto=newpost

Edit: Altered thread title to be more clear

Last edited by Morpog; 2014-08-28 at 09:26.

Posts: 752 | Thanked: 2,808 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Czech Republic
Others might disagree, but I am all for transparent Jolla, because this looks pretty sweet...

EDIT: New title.
Transparent communication? Sure, it might require blocking HTTPS websites and removing encryption from the communication, but for the sake of greater transparency, it is totally worth it.
Some 3rd party cooperation might be needed though, like Nieldk removing his OpenSSL from OpenRepos.

Last edited by nodevel; 2014-08-28 at 09:47.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to nodevel For This Useful Post:
lol
(10chars)

Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,700 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden
wow, really want transparent TOH for Jolla. Is it available from any maintainer?

I'm half expecting Jolla's response to this being just producing a transparent TOH. That would seem like something that might fit their modus operandi.

I don't have my hopes very high on improved comms transparency, though, but one can always hope.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to coderus For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Yes, that's my kind of transparency!

Would like a set of bright blinkenlichten under it, though for better effect. And maybe some interlocking metal gears spinning

Posts: 752 | Thanked: 2,808 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Czech Republic
While transparent TOH looks nice, has anyone thought of patching SailfishOS to allow to set camera input as an ambiance?

It shouldn't be that hard, since there are QtQuick modules that can handle camera stream, so it should be a matter of adding necessary imports and replacing the image background element with a camera view element. I might look into it when I have some time... It would mean there would be transparency in all apps (except for Android ones, but Android is not that transparent anyway, is it...).

I know, it's just a fake transparency Pango talks about, but I'm sure that ability to see through their Jolla would definitely make people on forums much calmer.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nodevel For This Useful Post:
@nodevel it's easily possible, but it will destroy camera capabilities of all applications

Posts: 702 | Thanked: 2,059 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ UK
Originally Posted by coderus View Post
@nodevel it's easily possible, but it will destroy camera capabilities of all applications
There's a spare camera on the front going largely unused. ;-)