Active Topics

Notices

some one asked if it was possible to use ventrilo not so long ago and that got me to thinking.. is it possible to get Janes Combat Flight Sim to work on the N900 (even better would be to use the accelerometer as a yoke)

I hasten to add I have no idea how to go about doing this.. this is an appeal to any one who thinks its an interesting idea.

Last edited by batman; 2010-04-21 at 16:18.

Posts: 378 | Thanked: 206 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Denmark
Well first you should post some links to homepage and to the source then your luck might increase that someone will try to get it running

its abandon-ware as far as I know.. I have no idea where to look for the source code..

Jane's is a label for simulators that EA games used in the 1990's apparently (again I have no idea the nature of the licence held by EA games)

Uh isn't that a Windows game? How do you expect anyone to port a closed-source Windows game to Linux on an ARM platform?

There are some open source combat flight sims that it might be possible to port...

Posts: 378 | Thanked: 206 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Denmark
well with out source code, its a task way to big to even begin on porting it. Unfortently EA isent famous for sharing source code they own the license to.

As suggested by GameboyRMH, try looking for some open source flight sims with google, maybe you find something you like, thats easy to port to maemo Something thats allready ported to linux and arm has a great chance

Posts: 258 | Thanked: 138 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ St. Louis, MO, USA
Originally Posted by mthmob View Post
well with out source code, its a task way to big to even begin on porting it. Unfortently EA isent famous for sharing source code they own the license to.

As suggested by GameboyRMH, try looking for some open source flight sims with google, maybe you find something you like, thats easy to port to maemo Something thats allready ported to linux and arm has a great chance
Flightgear
Combat Flight Simulator
SearchAndRescue
Thunder & Lightning
YSFlight

Search & Rescue is lots of fun...I've heard good things about FlightGear and CFS too.

Anybody knows how hard it would be to port Flightgear 2.0?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FlightGear
http://www.flightgear.org/