Hi. I am heavy n770 user. But I dont like zoom-in, zoom-out Opera philosophy. If you zoom-in in some page, usually the page widith exceeds size of a display, and became unusable . Optimized view settings can fix it, but sometimes not. I miss stupid "increase font" funcionallity, as is common on other browser. By increasing font, you just magnify font, but widith of page remains the same.

Anyone know how to increase font in Opera on N770?

Last edited by ilblog; 2006-02-05 at 14:19.

Posts: 144 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Dec 2005 @ Niles IL...Chicago born and raised.
From the view menu, you can choose "optimal view" and then zoom in, the width of the page will stay the same but the font size changes...along with that though, you get a little shifting.

No, you didn't miss anything. The browser* I'm guessing should be able to be configured via /home/user/.opera/opera.ini and /usr/share/osso-browser-opera/opera_home/opera.ini but it's not. It seems to ignore "URL Filter File=filter.ini" in "[Adv User Prefs]" and "Minimum Font Size=10". Could be a bug.

See: http://www.opera.com/support/usingopera/operaini/
and: http://www.schrode.net/opera/url_filtering/

* Reported as: "Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; ; Linux armv5tejl; U) Opera 8.02 [en] N770/SU"

Last edited by costoa; 2006-02-15 at 04:40. Reason: Added URLs

Originally Posted by costoa
...Could be a bug.
I dont think it is the bug. I think they just simplly disabled this feature, when compiling binaries for N770. The question is why. Unfortunatelly Mozilla is mmemory killer, so Opera is only full featured browser suitable for N770.

This is a problem for me as well. I use the 770 for reading text files through the web (think SEC filings) and Opera's default font size makes this harder than it should.

Posts: 155 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ central georgia, usa
I would still love to be able to change the 150 percent to about 125 percent zoom....

The Following User Says Thank You to putkowski For This Useful Post: