Active Topics

Installed minimo, since one of my free access spots puts up an "agree to our rules" page, but opera doesn't let me push the button.

I thought installing minimo would give me a new browser choice, and i'd be able to use one or the other, but it seems to have updated the "Web browser" in the menu...

In anycase, minimo has problems of it's own, and i decided to uninstall it.

I've not been able to get anywhere since. A web browser comes up with
"Blank Page", but it never downloads a page.

Now, then, my wiFi connections are mostly marginal. It's entirely possible that i don't really have a connection. I can't really tell.

So, it is possible that i've messed up Opera? Is there any way to fix it short of reflashing the 770?

It's only been a week. Perhaps reflashing isn't that painful.

Are you sure you mean Minimo?
From your description, I thought you were talking about Micro-B ,
which is actually a system bomb in its current state IMHO ,
or in other words, Micro-B renders the system to a unstable state,
where only reflashing will help.

Most of the problems I encountered with Minimo are more user-interface related.
Minimo doesn't autoconnect, it isn't really 'hildonized' so far (Fullscreen toggle), storing bookmarks doesn't work, there isn't a context menu for links ('open in Tab'), and those things...

Unfortunately, Minimo development for the Maemo platform seems to be dead.
Too bad. I'd even pay some money for a fully working and stable version of Minimo for my 770.

But then, I haven't heard of a new Micro-B version either so far...I don't know if I'd pay for Micro-B since I never saw a working version.
I had to reflash my 770 after deinstallation of Micro-B :-(

I have, in fact, reflashed. I got connected briefly, but not long enough to restore any apps. At least I got connected. Now i know a little more about backup.

I wish there was an easy way to back up the whole system, apps and all. That way i could do a backup, try something, and if it failed miserably, i could restore to the previous known good state. Perhaps a tar image could be created. But after reflash, you don't have xterm or gainroot, and can't run tar.

Posts: 5 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Berlin, Germany
Well, you could do what I did: copy your OS to mmc and boot from there. See
http://maemo.org/community/wiki/HowT..._From_MMC_card
It is easy to backup the mmc, I use "dd" on my linux box. Of course it's important to do this from time to time. "dd" can also be used for restore. Works without any problems.