I have 2 questions.

1. I put my 770 in Host Mode through the flasher. Does it stay always in USB Host mode or do I have to put it in USB Host Mode every time I want to use it that way?

2. How do I use it in USB Host Mode? I have a USB battery powered hub. I connected the Nokia to the Hub as well as my Sandisk Mini Cruzer. How do I get the Nokia to see the Cruzer? Thank you!

>>1. I put my 770 in Host Mode through the flasher. Does it stay always in USB Host mode or do I have to put it in USB Host Mode every time I want to use it that way?

I am not sure, I put mine in usb host mode from the command line, then put it back into peripheral mode when done. If it does NOT say "memory card inserted" when disconnecting the USB, then it is in host mode.

>>2. How do I use it in USB Host Mode? I have a USB battery powered hub. I connected the Nokia to the Hub as well as my Sandisk Mini Cruzer. How do I get the Nokia to see the Cruzer? Thank you!

It should see the Cruzer automatically. In xterm type "dmesg | tail" after setting up the Cruzer. It should report that it found usb storage and report what the device name is (mine reports as sda1). After you know the name, you can mount the drive. In xterm create a directory and then mount the device to that directory. example:

mkdir /mnt/Cruzer
mount /dev/sda1 /mnt/Cruzer

I usually create a symbolic link so I can access the drive from File Manager:

ln -s /mnt/Cruzer /home/user/MyDocs/Cruizer

To unmount the drive use

umount /dev/sda1

If dmesg does not report the drive, then check your setup. The 770 must be getting 5Volts to the USB connector. Ensure it is in host mode.

Hope this helps.

Bob

Originally Posted by troubleshootr
>>1. I put my 770 in Host Mode through the flasher. Does it stay always in USB Host mode or do I have to put it in USB Host Mode every time I want to use it that way?

I am not sure, I put mine in usb host mode from the command line, then put it back into peripheral mode when done. If it does NOT say "memory card inserted" when disconnecting the USB, then it is in host mode.

>>2. How do I use it in USB Host Mode? I have a USB battery powered hub. I connected the Nokia to the Hub as well as my Sandisk Mini Cruzer. How do I get the Nokia to see the Cruzer? Thank you!

It should see the Cruzer automatically. In xterm type "dmesg | tail" after setting up the Cruzer. It should report that it found usb storage and report what the device name is (mine reports as sda1). After you know the name, you can mount the drive. In xterm create a directory and then mount the device to that directory. example:

mkdir /mnt/Cruzer
mount /dev/sda1 /mnt/Cruzer

I usually create a symbolic link so I can access the drive from File Manager:

ln -s /mnt/Cruzer /home/user/MyDocs/Cruizer

To unmount the drive use

umount /dev/sda1

If dmesg does not report the drive, then check your setup. The 770 must be getting 5Volts to the USB connector. Ensure it is in host mode.

Hope this helps.

Bob
dmesg gives me the following:

hub 1-0:1.0: USB hub found
hub 1-0:1.0: 3 ports detected
USB cable detected
USB cable detected

I don't think it's detecting my cruzer?

Never mind. I think I know what the problem is. The USB hub that I thought I could use was for something else (to copy files between two peripherals) and I think that's why it's not seeing it. Anyways, I just bought the Cyperpower CPH420MP USB Hub and I'll try that when I get it sometime next week. Thank you for your help!

>>hub 1-0:1.0: USB hub found
hub 1-0:1.0: 3 ports detected
USB cable detected
USB cable detected

I don't think it's detecting my cruzer?

It's not, but it sees your hub. Try unplugging/plugging the usb drive while the hub is connected to the 770 and then checking dmesg.