Active Topics

Notices

I can't quite tell but I am noticing a few applications people are mentioning that I cannot find at all in my listing e.g. Portmap, libspeex etc

I have extras, extras-testing & extras-devel all enabled but am still having trouble. Am I missing some, did PR1.2 mean you had to change or is the Distribution different to 'fremantle'?

Any help would be, much appreciated.

Jayelz

PR1.3 did give a new distribution in the application manager: fremantle-1.3

I'm not sure if that is actually the problem you're having though - if you're searching in application manager then unless you've got some obscure options enabled you shouldn't be able to see either libspeex or portmap.

You'll probably need to use apt-get in the terminal to install them if they haven't been installed as a dependency of some other program.

true. The mentioned apps are all libraries and they are just used by true applications as dependencies. It should really not show on app manager but if your really need that either you need to browse through PC http://repository.maemo.org or do the apt-get --download-only install [filename] and get it on /var/lib/apt/archives