Active Topics

The rotation is so slow but i like having landscape mode.

Is there a way to make it jump from one view to the other vs the rotation animation?

I agree. Having the animation is nice, but it's a bit laggy and it would be nice to have the option to just flip.

The Following User Says Thank You to akincisor For This Useful Post:
you could try tinkering the rotation transitions with Transition Control application and see if that helps.
I changed the rotation in and out to 0 and that sped up the rotation a little (removed the animation). The display is still blank for a period of time, I need to test the other settings as well if I am able to get rid of that..

http://mobile.my-maemo.com/software/...42&fldAuto=770

(note, that I cannot remember if transitioncontrol is extras, extras-devel or extras-testing - and installing apps from devel and testing repositories might harm your device)

Hartti

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hartti For This Useful Post:
Posts: 232 | Thanked: 102 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Warren, MI, USA
I don't understand, if you like the phone app in landscape mode...and the normal operation of the phone is landscape anyway...why don't you change the orientation settings of the phone app to force it to be landscape all the time then? Done. No reason the phone app should ever transition or animate.

because when the phone is in landscape im usualy on speaker phone and when i need switch to handheld i want it to be rotated.

also there are times when a call comes in and the phone auto rotates and i can't answer the phone untill the animation is done.

both views are needed and used. the delay is the problem.

The Following User Says Thank You to intofx For This Useful Post:
Transition Control works great! I changed rotate in, out, % and blank min and max all to 0. Now its a half second black and no animation. Thanks for the app suggestion.

Posts: 356 | Thanked: 172 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Canada
Great tip -- thanks!

I set rotate in and out to 0, but set blank min to 4 and max to 7, which seems to smooth out a few minor graphical nasties I noticed with some of the other animations that play if you exit the phone and have running apps.

Overall this makes a huge improvement to how much more quickly you can access the phone when you need it.

Last edited by Bingley Joe; 2010-01-15 at 21:23.

Trying to install trans control gets me 'Unable to install' - looking in the logs I think it's do do with usb control....

Last edited by Spudboy; 2010-01-16 at 13:41.

Posts: 635 | Thanked: 282 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Black Mesa Research Facility
Slow ? It takes roughly 1 second..that's slow ?

Of course I cannot now find the correct repository for this to check the dependencies, but if I remember correctly that app requires Python packages on the device. Apparently the required packages are not currently available (in the same repository...).
Sorry that I cannot be more specific here right now :-(

Hartti