I have a bunch of audiobooks on my N900 that I'm playing with an audiobook app. The problem is that the default music player automatically pulls in the mp3s for the audiobooks, which means that they play when I have my music on "random all"!

I tried putting the audiobooks in MyDocs/.sounds, but that didn't help. Does anyone know of a way to make a set of mp3s not get treated as music by tracker/the default music player?

Posts: 451 | Thanked: 424 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ England
trackercfg can do this, it's in the repositories: just set "nowatchdirectory" to where you have your audiobooks, and then rebuild the database. That whole directory then won't be visible to the media browser.

If anyone has any ideas on how to hide album covers in my music folders from just the photo-browser, I'd really appreciate an answer.

Posts: 2,102 | Thanked: 1,937 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Berlin, Germany
You need to edit /home/user/.config/tracker/tracker.cfg or install the trackercfg application to have gui for that purpose.

Thanks, all! Changed the config file, ran tracker-processes -r and all is happy now

Posts: 943 | Thanked: 3,228 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Zagreb
Originally Posted by jd4200 View Post
t

If anyone has any ideas on how to hide album covers in my music folders from just the photo-browser, I'd really appreciate an answer.
after trying a lot of different solutions I ended up with the simplest but effective one. Since default player can read covers from tags and all of my music has embbeded covers I simply deleted all covers on my phone. And when I add some new music I simply point my nautils to search for *.jpeg or *.jpg in folder on n900 where my music is and delete them all again and that's it.
Everything else I tried with tracker didn't work.

The Following User Says Thank You to kinggo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 451 | Thanked: 424 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ England
Originally Posted by kinggo View Post
after trying a lot of different solutions I ended up with the simplest but effective one. Since default player can read covers from tags and all of my music has embbeded covers I simply deleted all covers on my phone. And when I add some new music I simply point my nautils to search for *.jpeg or *.jpg in folder on n900 where my music is and delete them all again and that's it.
Everything else I tried with tracker didn't work.
Ah great. Thanks.

Posts: 723 | Thanked: 519 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Kuching:Malaysia
the most simple way to hide any mp3,picture or video from been indexing by media player is to create a folder called private & puts all your hidden stufts inside it....

media player wont be able to index all files inside private folder period...

private folder can be created in internal or external memory...

Posts: 943 | Thanked: 3,228 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Zagreb
Yes, but if you put your .mp3 in private it won't be indexed. And covers must be in the same folder as audio files if you want any use of them.