Active Topics

I am planning to buy this nice device.

I have a lot of books in PDF format and want to make sure it will allow my to read those without any or major issues.

May I change font size?, May I view document by fitting to screen width?, Does it remember the last viewed page in a previously opened page?

I will be very pleased with other users experiences.

Posts: 186 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Canada
The stock pdf reader handles plain text with light pictures fairly good. It seems to struggle with opening large 200mb+ documents with many large pictures. What I dont really like is that you cant view the table of contents. However, there is a better 3rd party pdf reader which features table of contents and loads many pages ahead , so you dont have to wait for load. It's called Document Viewer.

Last edited by Nik1; 2007-06-26 at 03:54.

Originally Posted by Nik1 View Post
The stock pdf reader handles plain text with light pictures fairly good. It seems to struggle with opening large 200mb+ documents with many large pictures. What I dont really like is that you cant view the table of contents. However, there is a better 3rd party pdf reader which features table of contents and loads many pages ahead , so you dont have to wait for load. It's called Document Viewer.
EVINCE.

see maemo.org

The Following User Says Thank You to phatcat33 For This Useful Post:
Thank you Nik1 and phatcat33 for your replies. That's all I needed to decide to buy the Nokia N800.

I hope to contribute in the future to this forum.