Active Topics

I have noticed the following problem and wonder if anyone else has found a way around it:

Have a good number of messages/threads in conversation (at least 30 according to this bug report). Scroll down to one of the last messages in conversations, long tap on it and delete that message. After the conversation is deleted, the view in conversations scrolls/jumps to an unexpected view (towards the top of the message list) and then you have to scroll down again.

Compare this to: scroll down to a message in conversations, open it and reply to it, return to the conversation and the view is still the same.

It makes deleting messages time consuming if you have many messages, as you have to keep scrolling down after deleting each message (especially if you have a long list)

See this bug and vote for it if you encounter this problem

Last edited by lasman; 2011-03-07 at 21:36. Reason: clarification

Any one found a way around this......

Last edited by lasman; 2011-02-25 at 13:47.

Any one else have this issue..

Posts: 1,637 | Thanked: 4,424 times | Joined on Apr 2009 @ Germany
No, I don't have this issue, but someone else filed a bug report
for this:
https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=11008

Thanks nicolai for the reply. I have seen the bug report. It doesn't look like much will happen with that. There have not been any other replies to the thread so may be it is not a widespread problem

Originally Posted by lasman View Post
I have noticed the following problem and wonder if anyone else has found a way around it:

Have a good number of messages/threads in conversation (at least 30 according to this bug report). Scroll .....

I suppose the question is: is the problem from the conversations application or is it from the database file storing the conversations??

Posts: 257 | Thanked: 205 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Sydney, Australia
Originally Posted by lasman View Post
The way around it is to use the Delete Conversations option from the Conversations taskbar menu. then just scroll down and highlight all the conversations you want to delete by tapping them and then delete them all at once.

I guess that is why it isn't an issue. It's in the user manual.

Originally Posted by shazosbourne View Post
The way around it is to use the Delete Conversations option from the Conversations taskbar menu. then just scroll down and highlight all the conversations you want to delete by tapping them and then delete them all at once.

I guess that is why it isn't an issue. It's in the user manual.
Thanks shazosbourne. I did not know you could highlight and delete multiple messages like that.

Unfortunately, it does not allow you to view the conversation thread(s) before selecting to delete.