Posts: 77 | Thanked: 181 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Winchester, UK
I'm running the UK firmware and have not received an update to PR1.3. As I understand it, no-one running the UK firmware (normal or Vodafone-specific variant) has received the update yet

The update is not on http://tablets-dev.nokia.com/nokia_N900.php
yet though all the other region-specific firmware that has PR1.2 has a 1.3 there.

Previous firmware has been delayed for the UK so we could be in this situation for a while. I wanted to create a separate UK-specific thread so that it wasn't mingled with PR1.3 update problems etc.

Apparently sources on Twitter have been told it may take a couple of days (I can't find a source for this at the moment so citation needed).

When earlier UK firmware was delayed, useful information was gained by creating a bugzilla bug, but it seems like a bit of a misuse of bugzilla so let's wait a while before we do that.

Anyone got any other info? Also is there any (semi-official?) list of differences between the UK and global firmware?

Posts: 701 | Thanked: 585 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ London, England
There's already a thread. And as far as I know no-one knows of any differences between the global and UK firmwares.

good idea for a thread.

i also have been waiting patiently for the OTA firmware update as i really dont want to loose all of the apps, settings etc i have installed with a pc suite update.

Originally Posted by retsaw View Post
There's already a thread. And as far as I know no-one knows of any differences between the global and UK firmwares.
Ah apologies! The forum wouldn't let me search for uk so I failed to find the thread.

There *must* be a difference if it takes them longer to compose the UK specific variant?!?

If a moderator is passing - could they merge this thread and 64384?

i'm from UK (onO2) and i have updated OTA to 'PR 1.3' two days ago
Maybe you don't have the update available because you are on Vodafone
And yersteday i received a text message on my phone from Nokia:'New software is available for your Nokia N900' but i've allready instaled it one day before

Last edited by khristi80; 2010-10-27 at 17:50.

The Following User Says Thank You to khristi80 For This Useful Post:
I'm from UK on o2 and i dont have OTA update.

The Following User Says Thank You to maciej73 For This Useful Post:
me too. uk no update it seems to be just the 0593611 product code.don't want to start flashing just have to wait.

Posts: 532 | Thanked: 949 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Uk for 6months then Thailand
Your really NOT missing much to tell the truth. If you want it that much !! Just flash to " global ".

Had my N900 since last December and the 1st thing I did was flash to "global" Never had any problems..

Kind Regards Qosmio

http://s1031.photobucket.com/albums/y372/q0smio/

N900 x 2 Overclocked at 900 Mhz.
Samsung Galaxy S 2
iPhone 4 (Jailbroken)

The Following User Says Thank You to qosmio For This Useful Post:
Posts: 106 | Thanked: 52 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Corfe Castle, Dorset, UK
I've been running global pr1.2 since it came out as I never got it ota on o2... but I did get 1.3 ota the other day, as soon as it was out in fact. must be a voda thing?

The Following User Says Thank You to HughF_UK For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by HughF_UK View Post
I've been running global pr1.2 since it came out as I never got it ota on o2... but I did get 1.3 ota the other day, as soon as it was out in fact. must be a voda thing?
If you were running global PR1.2 then you'd get the update to global PR1.3.

This isn't a network thing - there are plenty of posts confirming it applies to people on all UK networks using the UK firmware.