Notices

Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
bah, this is headache inducing. now all of a sudden webkit-eal do not want to play nice with 40663, and tear gives me 41137 speeds on a page while using 40663.

and no amount of re-download and reinstall of 40663 seems to fix it...

Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
Are you sure there isn't something running in the background? Like Modest or Application manager checking for new packages?

Also stopping browserd will probably help freeing up some memory.

im sure.

and its not a ram issue as im looking at 50-60MB free, no page should grab that much (and the page im using as a testbed right now has no flash elements).

bah, i give up. as i try earlier combos of libwebkit, tear and webkit-eal, page rendering is not getting much faster, but the browsers are getting much more unstable.

but i swear at some point the image part of the page rendering have gotten downright glacial vs microb, i just cant nail down when that happened

Posts: 1,137 | Thanked: 402 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Catalunya
I don't remember if it's been reported before, but there's no support for http basic authentication

The Following User Says Thank You to luca For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
Originally Posted by luca View Post
I don't remember if it's been reported before, but there's no support for http basic authentication
If by that you mean simple username and password box like in MicroB, true but http://user:pass@site works for me (until you have to enter a password with the @ char in it...)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to qwerty12 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
Yes, I also noticed the lack of basic authentication. Dunno if thats fixable though - just checked the Midori 0.1.4 in my openSUSE and it doesn't support it too (and the libwebkit is fairly recent).

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
I really like Tear; it does everything I need it for, right now... Except one big problem: text selection. For the life of me, I can't select (non-editable) text properly. My stylus drags the page all over the place, I highlight bits of words or single words instead of sentences... Is there something I don't know?

Originally Posted by qole View Post
I really like Tear; it does everything I need it for, right now... Except one big problem: text selection. For the life of me, I can't select (non-editable) text properly. My stylus drags the page all over the place, I highlight bits of words or single words instead of sentences... Is there something I don't know?
Try holding down the menu-key while highlighting text.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to BrentDC For This Useful Post:
Thanks for the above, I thus deleted my kludge message.

Tags
brower, browser, browserd fix, khtml, microb alternative, microb killer, tear, webkit, www