Posts: 55 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on Mar 2011 @ Finland
Hi !

Tried the autoinstaller again after the last time when my n900 jammed during first boot to nitdroid, but then it went to flashing mode with no problems and i could flash the device. This time there went something wrong really badly. Yesterday i tried to install nitdroid via autoinstaller and at first it didnt install power-kernel or multiboot at all and I uninstalled it right after it was done. Then i ran the autoinstaller again and it seemed that everything went well that time. So I left n900 booting itself and apparently the battery had ran out during booting. Now when I try to boot it, only thing that appears on the screen is a lot text lines including :

(ubifs_load_zmode+0*0/ ...)
(ubifs__lookup_level10+0*0/ ... )

and something like this. However, I am able to type reboot(and anything else ofcourse) and it worked so i guess its not fully dead yet? But I cant get it to reboot mode.

If anyone knows how to continue my trip with n900 it would be great !

Posts: 15 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Australia
Hey joonne
My first guess is that your stuck booting the nitdroid kernel
try "uname -a" in the console and post the output?

The Following User Says Thank You to -L- For This Useful Post:
Thanks !

I already tried typing run noloboot ( dont know why but, it worked kind of ! ) I left n900 home and after I came home i tried to put USB cabel and pressed down the U key, then it went to flashing mode. I didnt have maemo flasher open and i had to read again the command for flashing the kernel and i just pressed the U key all the time cause i was afraid that N900 wont go again to flashing mode if i released the button

I managed to flash the kernel and i booted my N900 but nothing happened and now i cant get it to flashing mode anymore so the problem is back again.

This time it lightens the screen and if i try to boot it from the power-button it starts up but thats it. Only NOKIA text appears on the screen but not the USB icon. Should I just wait with the U button for a long time could that help?

It's alive again ! I tried again and again to get n900 to flash-mode and after I reloaded the battery once it finaly went there and now just booting it :] Now I just have to install everything again but thats the thing with n900

Thanks for help though -L-

This could be new and fresh place for people to ask if something goes wrong with n900