Notices

Posts: 518 | Thanked: 334 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ italy
if u need a help for the translation of the MO file i'm here, the italian that i posted over there is right, bu i respected the hex lenght becouse it crashes if i dont. Explain that to mister Auron

Posts: 291 | Thanked: 134 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ North-west, UK
You're kidding. You changed the labels by hand editing the hex ? Geez.

The Following User Says Thank You to tomchiverton For This Useful Post:
Posts: 533 | Thanked: 1,341 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Italy
Originally Posted by santiago View Post
the italian that i posted over there is right
Really?
"Apri in analogica vece", "Esci in copertura lente"...."Apri da disgiuntore focus"???

The Following User Says Thank You to sakya For This Useful Post:
Posts: 451 | Thanked: 424 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ England
Is there any way to remove the red photo/video recording LED, without installing livefocus.

The Following User Says Thank You to jd4200 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 28 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Tampere, Finland
Originally Posted by zdanee View Post
That is how ISO works. Less ISO means more light is needed to the same brightness. Like on a sunny day when all your pictures get burned in or you want to take picture of the clouds in the sky, you make pictures with less ISO. On the other hand when you are in a dark room, but do not want to use flash, or the room is too big for the flash to do any good, you take up ISO. This will also make your pictures more noisy, but that is the price you pay.
No, that is not how ISO works. Any camera without manual exposure controls will automatically adjust exposure time or aperture so that the images will look just as bright, no matter what ISO is used.

Originally Posted by tomchiverton View Post
You're kidding. You changed the labels by hand editing the hex ? Geez.
Yes i did it using a notepad that's since i respected the lenght of the single words. Was not possible for me adding more spaces, removing more spaces, changing the words lenght. I tried to do that removing a space for a new character, but it doesnt work it crashes and u gotta reflash back the N900 couse the binary (camera ui) is loaded during the bootup of the OS. there was not way to be next respecting the lenght and the characters. This is why some things wrote in the general settings and translated, are a little bit "different" but u gotta keep the sense..

Last edited by santiago; 2011-05-04 at 16:44.

Posts: 311 | Thanked: 376 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Hungary
Originally Posted by santiago View Post
Yes i did it using a notepad that's since i respected the lenght of the single words. Was not possible for me adding more spaces, removing more spaces, changing the words lenght. I tried to do that removing a space for a new character, but it doesnt work it crashes and u gotta reflash back the N900 couse the binary (camera ui) is loaded during the bootup of the OS. there was not way to be next respecting the lenght and the characters. This is why some things wrote in the general settings and translated, are a little bit "different" but u gotta keep the sense..
Reflash?! Geez, killall -9 camera-ui would have been enough...

Originally Posted by mvuori
No, that is not how ISO works. Any camera without manual exposure controls will automatically adjust exposure time or aperture so that the images will look just as bright, no matter what ISO is used.
I beg your pardon, thats how compacts work. It's not settled in stone...

Last edited by zdanee; 2011-05-04 at 17:21.

Originally Posted by zdanee View Post
Reflash?! Geez, killall -9 camera-ui would have been enough...
doesnt work like that i did it several times

Posts: 1,637 | Thanked: 4,424 times | Joined on Apr 2009 @ Germany
@santiago
Just in case this happens again.
set no-lifeguard-reset with the flasher utility:
flasher-3.5 --enable-rd-mode --set-rd-flags=no-lifeguard-reset
This will prevent the reboot loop.
Then, fix the camera-ui binary and after that remove the flag:
flasher-3.5 --disable-rd-mode --clear-rd-flags=no-lifeguard-reset

@jd4200
Possible, but not implemented yet.

nicolai

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nicolai For This Useful Post:
Posts: 85 | Thanked: 25 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Bilbao, Spain
First of all, very good work and many many thanks to Nicolai. New features in camera-ui are really worthy. It looks more and more like an advanced camera for picture taking and video recording.
About this latter aspect, video recording, I have a question. I've read many pages in this thread but has not found anything about an issue I'm just suffering, even after reflashing: the issue is that, while I am recording video, the phone goes to power/energy save mode after 30 seconds and, of course, screen disappears becoming black. After that point, I don't know what I'm recording until I activate screen again. Somehow annoying.
Has anyone experienced this problem?

Tags
camera-ui, fremantle