gotta say i have noticed my device is now very unstable when (even only moderately) overclocked and copying a 2gb file from the sdcard to MyDocs - i.e. hangs/reboots - seems i can only transfer the file when not overclocked at all

everything else seems to be fine o/c'd...

Posts: 63 | Thanked: 26 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Canada
Originally Posted by fusi View Post
gotta say i have noticed my device is now very unstable when (even only moderately) overclocked and copying a 2gb file from the sdcard to MyDocs - i.e. hangs/reboots - seems i can only transfer the file when not overclocked at all

everything else seems to be fine o/c'd...
I'm in a similar situation. I've been running power46, lv profile, 500-900MHz for a while without trouble. Now, with v47, each time I do something a little IO intensive (FAM catalogs update or switching apps in a heavy multi-tasking session) my phone stalls... I can only reboot by removing the battery... The situation in the same with the stock profile too...

I'm downgrading to v46 to see if the issue remains.

Notes:
1- I'm using swapolube, default suggested settings
2- I have my 2gb swap partition on the sdcard (no swap on the emmc).

Any idea what could be causing the trouble? I can't find anything meaningful in the logs

updated to v47, everything works like a charm so far

Originally Posted by misiak
I don't know but generally installing ogg-support from extras repository (not extras-devel), so version 1.0.5 (not 1.0.7~rc1 or 1.0.6~rc6) is great idea, because it is stable. I don't know this also, but I think they updated both power kernel and ogg suport after enabling extras-devel and they solved it by either reinstalling version available in extras or the maintainer of package ogg support released new version which fixed this issue. I use power kernel from extras-devel (v47) with ogg support from extras (1.0.5) and everything is stable and I had not encountered any of these problems.
Generally i agree, but if ogg-support maintainer released new fixed version, it would be that in devel now, not extras, i.e. kinda opposite... Damn, i would love if one all maintainers start to use changelogs with due respect. Yea, many do by now, but others threat it as pushovers... Not to mention empty changelogs, i even saw one looking like smth that:

Version xyz: New version xyz
Version nyu: New version nyu

...etc... Facepalm festival.

Last edited by Estel; 2011-05-11 at 11:57.

The Following User Says Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 275 | Thanked: 389 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Sydney

The Following User Says Thank You to GreatGonzo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 35 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Netherlands
Ola all

having a problem after updating power kernel 46 >> 47
Mine batt temp is now showin 298 graden celsius.
close the module en reopening it again has no influence. reinstall power-kernel-modules also no influence.

please any one?

Posts: 804 | Thanked: 1,598 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gdynia, Poland
Originally Posted by EyeVisions View Post
Ola all

having a problem after updating power kernel 46 >> 47
Mine batt temp is now showin 298 graden celsius.
close the module en reopening it again has no influence. reinstall power-kernel-modules also no influence.

please any one?
I'm in a very good mood at the moment, so I will answer you It's because kernel changed the way of reporting temperature. Previously, when software (the app you are using) was reading temperature, it was already in grades of Celsius, so if it read "30" it meant 30 grades of Celsius. But now, new kernel changed reading so be more accurate, it now reports temperature in 0.1 grades of Celsius. So if you see 298 grades it/s in fact 298*0.1 = 29.8C. Wait for developers of apps to update them, because it's a bug in app you are using now What's the name of app by the way?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to misiak For This Useful Post:
Ffs I can't get v46 working. v47 f-ed everything up.
Tried this
Code:
apt-get install kernel-power=2.6.28-maemo46 kernel-power-modules=2.6.28-maemo46 kernel-power-headers=2.6.28-maemo46 kernel-power-flasher=2.6.28-maemo46
I work with multiboot and I updated the .item file manually like I always did

Posts: 804 | Thanked: 1,598 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gdynia, Poland
Originally Posted by Devrim View Post
Ffs I can't get v46 working. v47 f-ed everything up.
Tried this
Code:
apt-get install kernel-power=2.6.28-maemo46 kernel-power-modules=2.6.28-maemo46 kernel-power-headers=2.6.28-maemo46 kernel-power-flasher=2.6.28-maemo46
I work with multiboot and I updated the .item file manually like I always did
Please provide output of (the commands begin with "LS -L" in lowercase, I guess you know that but one guy I tried to help had problems with it yesterday, so from now on I'm gonna point it everywhere while helping):
Code:
ls -l /boot
ls -l /boot/multiboot
ls -l /lib/modules
ls -l /etc/multiboot.d
And contents of your .item file for power kernel.

Posts: 35 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Netherlands
Originally Posted by misiak View Post
I'm in a very good mood at the moment, so I will answer you It's because kernel changed the way of reporting temperature. Previously, when software (the app you are using) was reading temperature, it was already in grades of Celsius, so if it read "30" it meant 30 grades of Celsius. But now, new kernel changed reading so be more accurate, it now reports temperature in 0.1 grades of Celsius. So if you see 298 grades it/s in fact 298*0.1 = 29.8C. Wait for developers of apps to update them, because it's a bug in app you are using now What's the name of app by the way?
I 'm using QCPUfreq en Overclock Control Panel QBW widget one http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=59798 both showing the wrong temp. indeed missing the point

Tags
battery-status, bq27x00_battery, kernel, kernel-power, misiak4king, noobs-cant-read, pali4president, patches, readdirections, revolverspinyou