Notices

Posts: 151 | Thanked: 93 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ sofia, bulgaria
HI all,

thanks caco3 for this application. I manage all my passwords with password maker.
Currently only CLI variant is usable for me and I did some wrapper/helper script around it, so it is easy to use.

I want to share it, as someone could use it or you could implement this functionality in the passwordmaker itself:

1) I transfer my account data from Firefox password maker to my N900 and place it under /etc/passwordmaker.cfg
2) I edit the file so I have one level structure for all my accounts, and put more friendly names for the accounts (less typing).
3) I create pm shell script that puts some defaults for me and call passwordmaker with proper params. It also put the password into the clipboard, so I don't have to copy it from xterm, I just paste it, usually in the browser.

Here is the wrapper script:

cat /usr/bin/pm
#!/bin/sh

URL=${1:-ovi}
ACCOUNT=${2:-d}

case $URL in
as) ACCOUNT=as; URL=google.com ;;
m4l) ACCOUNT=m4l; URL=google.com ;;
ovi) ACCOUNT=ovi; URL=nokia.com ;;
esac

echo -e "Master Password: \c"
passwordmaker -f /etc/passwordmaker.cfg --account $ACCOUNT --url $URL 2>/dev/null | grep -v "Master Password:"| xclip -selectio clip
xclip -selectio clip -o

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lidow For This Useful Post:
Posts: 560 | Thanked: 423 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Switzerland
What makes the GUI version not usable for you?
Are there any missing features?
CacheMe 4 the N9, a geocaching client / MiniBible, a bible viewer / TheWord brings daily bible verses onto your phone / BatteryGraph to monitor the battery drainage / doublepress2unlock to unlock your phone with a double press onto the power button / GPRS Data Usage to monitor your GPRS data usage /
and more...

On N900 check out this: SleepAnalyser to analyse your sleep movements / PasswordMaker a for a password generator

The Following User Says Thank You to caco3 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 151 | Thanked: 93 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ sofia, bulgaria
GUI version does not provide a way to configure it.
I have five accounts with diffent setting (chars,length...),
Is there a way to achieve this with GUI?

The Following User Says Thank You to lidow For This Useful Post:
All right

I now made a GUI version which supports all the available parameters.
Please test it and see if it works as supposed.

I did not implement any configuration options as I still do not know how I could store them encrypted. There would be no problem to store parameters/options in a config file, how ever I expect some of you would request that it has to be encrypted, even if it is only the url or account
CacheMe 4 the N9, a geocaching client / MiniBible, a bible viewer / TheWord brings daily bible verses onto your phone / BatteryGraph to monitor the battery drainage / doublepress2unlock to unlock your phone with a double press onto the power button / GPRS Data Usage to monitor your GPRS data usage /
and more...

On N900 check out this: SleepAnalyser to analyse your sleep movements / PasswordMaker a for a password generator

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to caco3 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 54 | Thanked: 53 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Sweden
Hey! Great update there Good Sir!

Found a bug for you! (that you no doubt already know about, but anyhow.)
When using characters like: "åäö" and Fü'ss' and so on.
--------------
Yeah and then I have a suggestion for you. I saw that you had renamed the two tabs to 'Advanced 1' and 'Advanced 2'.

I think that renaming:
'Advanced 1' -> 'Account & Settings'. (Would give a more accurate desc.)
'Advanced 2' -> 'Input fields'. OR 'Modifier Fields'. (This one im not sure about. Im leaning towards the latter though.)
--------------
Ah, yes.. regarding the present tab 'Advanced 1', it would be better if the field 'username' would be changed back to 'account'.

Since it would be more coherent between different version of the passwordmaker interfaces (javascript, firefoxplugin, CLI, friends android/iphone and so on).
Otherwise its easy to get confused, "what field is what?".

Great progress you are making here! I really appreciate you taking your time on this!

As your attorney, I advise you to take those USB flashdrive of yours, that you never use anyway and your fellow mans epoxy, glue the sticks in a some nice public environment and point them out on DD.

Last edited by danielpublic; 2011-05-10 at 18:56.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to danielpublic For This Useful Post:
Its great to get your feedback, thanks for that!

Originally Posted by danielpublic View Post
Found a bug for you! (that you no doubt already know about, but anyhow.)
When using characters like: "åäö" and Fü'ss' and so on.
Haven't found that yet. But it should be fixed in the next version. Please test and let me know. It is one of those unicode problem which annoy me just again and again Wy can not every tool just speak unicode? or ascii? When ever you print texts or send them to a cli tool, you have to do those annoying conversations

Yeah and then I have a suggestion for you. I saw that you had renamed the two tabs to 'Advanced 1' and 'Advanced 2'.

I think that renaming:
'Advanced 1' -> 'Account & Settings'. (Would give a more accurate desc.)
'Advanced 2' -> 'Input fields'. OR 'Modifier Fields'. (This one im not sure about. Im leaning towards the latter though.)
Haven't thought about that, but I take your suggestions as they make sense.

Ah, yes.. regarding the present tab 'Advanced 1', it would be better if the field 'username' would be changed back to 'account'.

Since it would be more coherent between different version of the passwordmaker interfaces (javascript, firefoxplugin, CLI, friends android/iphone and so on).
Otherwise its easy to get confused, "what field is what?".
I have to disagree with you here.
My German Firefox plug in (which I use as reference) uses the text "Benutzernamen" which means "user name" in English.
Checking the documentation of passwordmaker reveals that there are 2 options:
Code:
   --account <string>
     (value required)  Account

-u <string>,  --username <string>
     (value required)  Username
They do not do the same!
Checking with above mentioned plugin shows that the plugin uses the "-u" option and it has no field for the "--account" option.

Please correct me if I am wrong!

Should we add the "--account" option as well? Who would use it? And what is the difference between those 2 options?

Also there is another option which I do not understand:
Code:
   --account_skip <interger>
     (value required)  Account skip
What is it used for?
and more...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to caco3 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 54 | Thanked: 53 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Sweden
Oh man, thanks a bunch for the unicode fix! Now I can start using passwordmaker 100%!

Yeah, I know its just stupid.. if one think about all the headache and time people spend on this and if they just had fixed unicode, I have no doubt, that they had solved the whole fusion thingy last thursday.

No you are probably right, I have not checked it real properly. I got a root canal done yesterday and the BILL for it. But hey, makes you feel alive at least.

As your attorney, I advise you to take those USB flashdrive of yours, that you never use anyway and your fellow mans epoxy, glue the sticks in a some nice public environment and point them out on DD.

Last edited by danielpublic; 2011-05-12 at 00:00.

The Following User Says Thank You to danielpublic For This Useful Post:
Wish you a quick and pain less recovery. Had a friend who had to walk around for 2 weeks with a root channel infection. He didn't really look happy
and more...

Hi all

If you are happy with how PasswordMaker works now, please vote for it, so we can move it into the stable repository:
http://maemo.org/packages/package_in...er/1.5-maemo4/
http://maemo.org/packages/package_in...rontend/0.2-4/

This will help it to get even more popular!
and more...

Tags
nokia n900, passwordmaker