Active Topics

Posts: 274 | Thanked: 62 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Helotes, TX
Originally Posted by sondjata View Post
Joining In and seeding.
I had started downloading it this morning (getting a miraculous 33K/s ). The download was done by the time I got home from work, so I've joined the torrent "collective". I'll leave it up indef.

"There are two major products that come out of Berkeley: LSD and BSD. We don't believe this to be a coincidence. " - Jeremy S. Anderson

I had it downloading while I went off to an exam, and it's finally done -- 3+ hours, 4.6 KB/s at the end.
Now, I need to save off the list of my repositories, and the list of packages I have installed. Not sure what all else, so I'd welcome any tips.
Maybe by tomorrow evening I'll have taken the plunge and ditched ITOS2007. (I'm too lazy to set up dual-booting, after I've heard the WLAN stops working in ITOS2007 anyway, hence my caution.)

Originally Posted by blakboy98 View Post
So, to confirm. Is Skype installable on the beta os08 and is bluetooth headset working (not just with kagu) as well?
No skype here.
Beta OS2008, restored backup files, skype asks for N810 hardware.

No sirius radio either for that matter. Correct credentials but web browser says otherwise. And yes I did try various suggestions from this post regarding mozilla and passwords.

Last edited by Sentinel1705; 2007-11-27 at 00:10.

Originally Posted by piku View Post
Then run "passwd" as root and change your root password. It's a bit insecure having "rootme" as the password.
How do you get root access in the first place? I am able to ssh root@localhost but the "rootme" password does not work. Do you know the OS2008 root password?

Doesn't skype install affter restore? WTF with that

Originally Posted by mredeker View Post
I registered a 4 day testaccount for a virtual server and uploaded OS2008. You can get it from here:

http://n800.java-berater.de/RX-34_20...ED_MR0_ARM.bin

I will leave it up for the next 12 hours or so.
THANKS! Nokia still can't figure out "teh intarwebs" yet when it comes to making sure they post these things on servers with high-bandwidth pipes.

Posts: 3,401 | Thanked: 1,255 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ London, UK
Originally Posted by mredeker View Post
How do you get root access in the first place? I am able to ssh root@localhost but the "rootme" password does not work. Do you know the OS2008 root password?
Best to search the forum for problems that have nothing to do with OS2008 and have already been answered a million times. The root password is rootme and you want to install the becomeroot package then use "sudo gainroot".

Originally Posted by Milhouse View Post
Best to search the forum for problems that have nothing to do with OS2008 and have already been answered a million times. The root password is rootme and you want to install the becomeroot package then use "sudo gainroot".
Thanks. I knew that one already
Just thought I can skip the "becomeroot" app and ssh directly.

Posts: 3,401 | Thanked: 1,255 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ London, UK
Since openssh was added to the extras repository you can now install openssh (or openssh-server) without needing root by using Application Manager (just enable the extras repository), then you can ssh into your device as root using the rootme password - that should (and does) work. Installing becomeroot (or enabling R&D mode) just makes life easier in general... but none of this is OS2008 specific!

I just installed skype on the 42-19 firmware version on my n800. It's the version announced a few days ago. Installation '(download) went very slow, but it installed and works...