Posts: 1,885 | Thanked: 2,008 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ OVI MAPS
iTS NOT MeeGo compliant you ****ing stupid idiot, the ****ing packaging breaks compliance plain and simple as well as other stuff. ****
Same as WeTab OS is not MeeGO but is more so than Maemo 6 hit him someone , I'm having a nervous breakdown.

The Following User Says Thank You to NvyUs For This Useful Post:
Posts: 271 | Thanked: 124 times | Joined on May 2006 @ Aperture Science, Inc.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to quingu For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,885 | Thanked: 2,008 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ OVI MAPS
I'm off to buy a iPhone

Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by NvyUs View Post
iTS NOT MeeGo compliant you ****ing stupid idiot, the ****ing packaging breaks compliance plain and simple as well as other stuff. ****
Same as WeTab OS is not MeeGO but is more so than Maemo 6 hit him someone , I'm having a nervous breakdown.
For freak sake give me fact about what packets is not compliant!

you still dont give me facts!

Nokia are going to have a marketing Nightmare if its not accepted as MeeGo so.
I don't see why. MeeGo has virtually no users, almost no hardware (apart from a Fujitsu netbook and the WeTab), and few hardware manufacturers that support it now that nokia has ditched it.
The current MeeGo software images are just not ready for end-users yet, and the development platform based on Qt Quick has only just been released, no very few developers and applications.

So if Nokia can't use MeeGo, they will just use the name Maemo 6 again. It currently probably is a stronger brand anyway, since maemo does have users and does have applications.

But it probably would be a pride issue, not being able to use the MeeGo brand that they are co-founder of, very embarrassing.

In any case, I have more confidence in a Maemo derived OS than the current meego builds. So I don't care how they will be branding it. If the device is nice, the software works and the price is right, it will be my next phone.

The Following User Says Thank You to Bernard For This Useful Post:
Posts: 590 | Thanked: 475 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ New York City
Originally Posted by zymo View Post
there is no physical button on the front. Look here is another Image showing the device in potrait-mode.
I'm looking forward to it, it DOES look sexy. At last, a phone I can pull out in the pub and not be laughed at! PLUS if it has all or most of what makes the N900 amazing (i.e. Maemo5 now 6), then I'll amaze them twice! I can't wait.

Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
Can all those people here tell me why its not Meego? What is Meego for you guys!?
From initial discussions it was believed to be 'Maemo6' (or what was to be Maemo6/Harmattan) with a MeeGo compatibility layer on top of it. In my view it's similar to how running an Android app in Alien Davlik (whatever happened to that?) on a N900 doesnt make Maemo into Android, or running a Symbian app in the simulator on your Windows PC doesnt suddenly give you a Symbian OS'd PC. You might run a Windows application using Wine on your Linux PC, but you wouldnt call it a Windows PC. I would have to agree with NvyUs that there is a clear distinction.

MeeGo has specific requirements to be MeeGo, and imo that doesnt stop at the application layer but further down through the software stack and, as pointed out earlier, includes packaging. Which is why Nokia is in discourse regarding the eligibility of claiming the handset is a MeeGo handset. As for providing 'facts', that's a tall order - we'll have to wait until the device is released to learn more about what's running inside it. Then the MeeGo name guardians will need to work out where exactly the line is drawn between what is a MeeGo/a MeeGo compatible/or some other variant of the OS. Whatever they decide is what we'll all have to accept as fact if we agree with them or not

Cybot950 - Control a robot with your N9/N950
SMSPetFeeder - Build a Bluetooth/SMS dog feeder with Qt, N950, and arduino
Nerf950 - Use your N9/N950 to fire a Nerf gun

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kojacker For This Useful Post:
Posts: 741 | Thanked: 900 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Auckland NZ
I'm off to buy a iPhone

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to maluka For This Useful Post:
Posts: 173 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Rio de Janeiro
Originally Posted by The Wizard of Huz View Post
None. Not with a combination of 32Gb + microsd card. I searched for it. The only thing that comes close is iPhone which comes without a sd card slot, no usb OTG and all the drawbacks of a closed system.
N900 can actually have over 500 GB storage with a USG HD connected plus 32 GB card.

About the other post; Is really 32GB of ram on the iPhone??

Posts: 434 | Thanked: 990 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Australia
not sure if this one has already been posted, but for those who might want a quick video of the "N9" this seems to show the HDMI port at the bottom of the phone as well as a few quick glimpses of the ui

linky

think I'll have mine in black please.....

Last edited by onethreealpha; 2011-05-14 at 05:55.

Tags
duke nukem4eva, epic!, harmattan, n-950, nokia diamond, non-believers, rm680, wasteland