Closed Thread
Posts: 395 | Thanked: 509 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Brisbane, Australia
Originally Posted by simpu View Post
who is this guy? and why should i care?

is he blaming nokia for releasing a phone two years ago that can not keep up with the most recent device?
Surely you meant, releasing a phone two years ago that can keep up with the most recent devices.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to azkay For This Useful Post:
Posts: 136 | Thanked: 115 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Greece
hmmm, my n900 is still working...
must be something wrong with OP's device.

if the iphone is so damn successful and android is so damn successful and n900 is dead then everyone in this world would be buying toyotas. do you know what i mean? people still buy vws audis lexus etc because there is choice and not everyone likes toyota (they have their reasons). so i don't give a rat's *** if iphone has 10000000000000000000 apps in their app store. the n900 does the job for me and over my dead body if someone wants to swap it with an iphone (or android).

Posts: 247 | Thanked: 67 times | Joined on May 2010 @ limassol cyprus
look , im just gonna say a couple of things :d.... no other phone,IMO, can do what the n900 can do(the only phone i appreciate more with time)

I too , was like you. i bought my baby in january of 2010 and at first i was kicking myself, but with time and patience and love and a butt load of reflashes ,i fell in love , like never before, with a phone....

as far as i know , im the only one in the world, that has an n900 looking the way it is right now.
With android, yes , you can customize it, but only up to a certain point, and to be honest it still looks the same as everyother android phone out there, even with different companies ui's on them. they all look the same to me. dont even get me started on the i sheep 3, 3g,3gs,4.everytime i see one i wanna throw up! to point that someone asked if my baby was an i sheep and i almost punched him!if i was to choose another OS other than maemo i would go for symbian(at least symbian has some funkyness to it) and to honest , everytime i think about changing phones i get frustrated! i dont want apps, they are just a gimmick and only few are usefull(about 0.0001% of them)

If im gonna spend over 500euros on a phone, i want it to do more than a phone! i want it to be a tab, a phone, an mp3player, a movie player, a butt load of memory....i want to get into my car and put on my fmtransmitter and listen my music while im in the car, i want to connect my baby to the tv and watch a movie, or surf the net or use skype video calling.... i dont want to have it sit there and do F-all.my brother paid over 500 euros for the htc desire and it just sits there only to be used when making a call or surfing the net a bit! useless if you ask me.

Now , if you want a phone that just makes fart noises and sheep noises, by all means, go ahead and get one, but i prefer to make my fart noises from my bakeside(where its ment to come out of) or sheep noises with my mouth(its quite easy!)

Now.... if i was to choose a phone other than my baby... right now it would either be a nokia n8/e7/x7 cos they have most of the n900 features or a motorola atrix,not cos its android, but because i can use in many different ways than just phone, or fart,sheep noise generator.

Peace! :d :d

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to n900 lover For This Useful Post:
Posts: 738 | Thanked: 983 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ London
iPhone Marketplace: 2.000.000 Million Apps
Android Marketplace: 1.000.000 MIllion Applications
Maemo Marketplace 1.000 (REALLY?? THATS ALL?? YES!!)
World wide web: 250.000.000 websites.

Posts: 62 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ India
Originally Posted by n900 lover View Post
look , im just gonna say a couple of things :d....
If im gonna spend over 500euros on a phone, i want it to do more than a phone! i want it to be a tab, a phone, an mp3player, a movie player, a butt load of memory....i want to get into my car and put on my fmtransmitter and listen my music while im in the car, i want to connect my baby to the tv and watch a movie, or surf the net or use skype video calling.... i dont want to have it sit there and do F-all.my brother paid over 500 euros for the htc desire and it just sits there only to be used when making a call or surfing the net a bit! useless if you ask me.

Peace! :d :d
dude this could have done the whole thing about the nokia N900 the beastly phone ever. nice lesson given.liked it alot.

Posts: 1,103 | Thanked: 368 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ india, indore
Two million apps lol... And almost all the app is repeated there..

BTW Can i get thanks button for nothing!

get your smooth live wallpaper today
My YouTube videos

The Following User Says Thank You to nicholes For This Useful Post:
Posts: 168 | Thanked: 58 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Madrid
Guys n900 is dead so give me your devices to me and moderators please, close the forum! There aren't any people working in CSSU and things like that :O

I had an Iphone 4, with it 999999999999999999 apps, and all of them are repeated...

The iphone is a simple phone, typical phone that everyone haves and they think that they have a powerfull machine because they have the last game from apple,konami,etc! (...) It so sad, because with the hardware of the iphone 4 can do better things that it is doing nowadays

Posts: 218 | Thanked: 128 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Abu Dhabi , UAE
Looks like N900 is too geeky to be used by masses. *Sigh*
Furthermore, you might have already noticed that we have fewer geeks than idiots in the world.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...7/IQ_curve.svg

As you can see in the statistics, only 0.6 percent of the people in the world are geeks, and only 0.6 percent of the people in the world own N900. I hope you get the point

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to govprog For This Useful Post:
Posts: 308 | Thanked: 729 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Athens, Greece
govprog you seriously need to get your story straight dude...

...and then keep it to yourself

The Following User Says Thank You to zifis For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread