Closed Thread
Posts: 1,161 | Thanked: 1,707 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Denmark
I got mine November 2009 and just loved it till I just got so annoyed by missing calls for all kind of reasons, so I changed cause I needed a phone more than a dev mobile device.
And yes people should just leave and if they just come here and spout bad things about maemo then just f off as in any other forum
The clear difference is that the op is 'attacking' a UI and some people take it personal and gets personal instead of staying on the subject.

Regards Dousan...

Tak og i lige måde, kommer her mest for mypaint trådene

My Søciety6:
http://society6.com/Dousan

Last edited by Dousan; 2011-05-15 at 11:36.

Posts: 64 | Thanked: 24 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ Germany ...
Dont feed the trolls

iPhone Marketplace: 2.000.000 Million Apps
Android Marketplace: 1.000.000 MIllion Applications
Yes - 98% of all are screensaver Apps -

The Following User Says Thank You to michaelxy For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,225 | Thanked: 1,905 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Quezon City, Philippines
You mad bro?
Ovi Store is a joke, 1/2 of the apps were Pocoyo wallpapers. Extras{-devel,-testing} is where it's at.
BTW, enjoy your >9000 iFart ipsw's/crappy Widgetlocker/Live Wallpaper/Clock apk's.

Running my N900 at 500-750 XXLV. Brb, installing Meego DE.

Everyone on TMO knows that the N900 is meant to be the hackerphone - if you see something broken, you go to TMO and ask someone about it or you fix it yourself.

Oh, and don't blame the community when you run your device at 1150-1150 Default and fry it.

Originally Posted by vivmak View Post
Does Iphone (any version of it) runs any other OS ?probably not, N900 does its Meego to be and NITDroid which is Android

Does Samsung Galaxy run any other OS? robably not, N900 does its Meego to be and NITDroid which is Android

Will I be forced to upgrade to next offering from Apple because I will socially be not cool anymore if I am not on the current version of Iphone?

Oh and last one, how many applications are you going to use out of the millions available on Android or Iphone in your life time?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJj0kHQgC9w

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q0OMdJDjUA4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9uCxsqhggho

The Following User Says Thank You to Reffyyyy For This Useful Post:
I am alone and needed attention, posted a thread and GOT lot's of IT.

Posts: 364 | Thanked: 128 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Australia
Originally Posted by Reffyyyy View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJj0kHQgC9w
Seen those on the Internet selling for few 100 dollars but not the other stuff, I was always incorrectly thinking that n900 was a super star but apparently there are others too!

RIP Debian? What Are You Smoking???

Also, RIP N900? Nope, mine is fine! Doing stuff an iPhone could only dream of. I might be able to do the same stuff with a good Android phone but I can't be bothered to find out because my N900 is perfect.

Originally Posted by razefox View Post
the changes are like a iPhone 3 to a iPhone 3gs, its immense and unbelievable.
umadbro?
Incredibly amusing quote here.
I LOLed

Posts: 168 | Thanked: 58 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Madrid
Originally Posted by Dousan View Post
Actually some android devices has h-e-n (usb otg). Some devs are working on booting meego on android devices. Even some devices can boot ubuntu 10.10 (i think its that version), don't know how much is working, afaik it's working, not only proof of concept.
Why is it when ever somebody says anything slightly negative about the N900 they get flamed here on TMO, it's like it's forbidden to say non positive things about the N900?
It's a great device at many points but has its flaws and that's why I've changed device after one year with my N900.
I'm not agreeing with the op at all, leave if you want to leave without a roooaaarrr.
That said this is the most unfriendly forum, I've encountered, if you don't step with caution.
I'm currently on xda.dev.forum and have yet to come across somebody getting flamed there. Yes people disagree there to, but not to the extend of being flamed like here.
Maemo is not the only UI and not the best and not the weakest and the same goes for the N900.
I'm very happy for my year here and am still using my N900 for gimp and mypaint.
Just think it's sad with theese threads, the flamers just lacks tolerance and understanding to somebody with an other opinion.
And what do you care if somebody dislike the N900 does your phone/experience get any less or bad, does it really affect your standpoint on the N900. Does it make you insecure for some reason. I just don't understand were that hate comes from.

Regards Dousan...

e: just a side note, if people can't get along on something as simple as a mobile forum, how to ever get around to getting world peace.
Im agree in all that you say...but not completily. All of us probably know already what are the lacks of the n900, and of course we can complain and discuss it lacks and problems...BUT...
when the person that complain doesnt know about he/she is talking about...(example: maemo only have 1000 apps and android 9999999" install nitdroid then!) and thats not all. Since I log in the maemo community when thr n900 goes to the market...I have seen at least 30 threads like this,and this is the true problem, i think.
regards!!

Posts: 1,187 | Thanked: 816 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Australia
goooo away!!

Closed Thread