Active Topics

Posts: 1,885 | Thanked: 2,008 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ OVI MAPS
I cant grasp that thinking in my Mind b/c i Know it does not have that CPU, check out bug reports

Posts: 35 | Thanked: 19 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ France
Originally Posted by NvyUs View Post
My Only Wish is for the damn devices to make an appearance, officially or unofficially I don't care I just want to see the UI/UX
+1

UI/UX by Peter Skillman ?

The Following User Says Thank You to slider5 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,259 | Thanked: 1,341 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Germany
Originally Posted by marrat View Post
yep, true...
For the lens cover it could be so easy...
Just release it without lens cover as it seems currently designed and put a light sensitive sensor under it like at the N900 but don't use it.
This way they could sell a seperate, thicker back cover including lens cover that interacts with the sensor. Everybody would be fine and they could earn more money.
The ones that want a thin device and the others that wants more comfort and a protected camera lense.

But I guess something like this works only at small, innovative Companies without much bureaucracy and a influential quality management system.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Helmuth For This Useful Post:
Posts: 519 | Thanked: 366 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ North Carolina (Formerly Denmark and Iceland)
Originally Posted by Helmuth View Post
...and a lens cover at the back that automatically starts the camera application as soon as you open it...
Oh, and a resistive screen. But we all have a different wishlist.
I like your additions.

What´s up with lensecoverless camera´s on phones these days? Who removed the sanity from manufacturers?

The Following User Says Thank You to olighak For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by olighak View Post
I like your additions.

What´s up with lensecoverless camera´s on phones these days? Who removed the sanity from manufacturers?
Us users who are buying the thinner, lensecoverless phones?

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to tissot For This Useful Post:
Posts: 590 | Thanked: 475 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ New York City
Any info on what kind of charging port it will have? Dual ports like the N8, or the familiar risky as hell treat like James Bond would disconnecting the red wire from a tangled mess inside a nuclear bomb micro USB port? Would be nice to put my new phone on charge and not have beads of sweat on my forehead each time I went to unplug it

The Following User Says Thank You to AndyNokia232 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 590 | Thanked: 475 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ New York City
My main concern is about apps for this thing. I know there was a discussion earlier in this thread about DEB vs RPM, but will I be able to simply install apps from the extras repos here, or will there be a new set of Maemo6 repos with their own Maemo6 apps? This is the only thing left in my head that would make me wait and see. It's the apps from Extras that is my main love for my N900 - the developers are just amazing.

The Following User Says Thank You to AndyNokia232 For This Useful Post:
somebody said only python apps will the others wil need recompilation at the least

I hope the Nokia N9 is an excellent device!

it sells really well and a U-turn is made on the WP7 deal. Optimistic - but it might just work if the developers get behind Meego!

Banned | Posts: 3,412 | Thanked: 1,043 times | Joined on Feb 2010
Fantastic amount of interest on a hoax, it just goes to show how badly the need for a new device from Nokia as this thread is endless and will not stop i guess untill the "device" has arisen from hell or heaven whatever the case may turn out to be haha.

Tags
duke nukem4eva, epic!, harmattan, n-950, nokia diamond, non-believers, rm680, wasteland