Active Topics

Posts: 513 | Thanked: 651 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Sweden
What the heck is this crap about "developer device"? I don't mind if Nokia sell the device empty without OS installed just get the friggin thing out there.

Edit: Advice to Nokia: sell the device only from your webshop and without OS installed. That will make sure that everyone knows it's not for joe grandpa.
But the WM7 "horse" has a blood lineage tracing back to donkeys such as WM6.5, 6.1, 6.0, 5.1 that was fully neglected for too many years and Microsoft did sweet F all to maintain it (still running on Pocket IE4/6!!).

Last edited by xerxes2; 2011-05-20 at 19:43.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to xerxes2 For This Useful Post:
@NvyUs cut it out with the n950 act we all know it is going to be an n9 and we dont have to wait til nokia marketing managment see fit to work that out

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by xerxes2 View Post
What the heck is this crap about "developer device"? I don't mind if Nokia sell the device empty without OS installed just get the friggin thing out there.
Developer device is just two words for saying: We can't, won't do it better than this. We can't make it user freindly for an avrage user.

Originally Posted by Verythrax View Post
The "original" live version of the song used in the teaser, if anyone is interested:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B1rT1bL0kWY

Take a special look to where the gig hapened

EDIT: before someone says it's different, seems like the youtuber missed the intro chords of the song when filming it.
This is the one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFyE0BZA7dc

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to RAZOR For This Useful Post:
Posts: 513 | Thanked: 651 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Sweden
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
Developer device is just two words for saying: We can't, won't do it better than this. We can't make it user freindly for an avrage user.
So they will still sell it?
But the WM7 "horse" has a blood lineage tracing back to donkeys such as WM6.5, 6.1, 6.0, 5.1 that was fully neglected for too many years and Microsoft did sweet F all to maintain it (still running on Pocket IE4/6!!).

Originally Posted by tissot View Post
Is it time.... to make this thread totally random?
Looking at the direction this thread is going, yes.
what was the thread all about, again?
MeeGo or Maemo / Harmattan, right?
not two or three or a truckload full of different devices, was it?

well, let's have a look, what OS on the teaser device, right?

let's have a look at it from both side, shall we?
one, it is a developer device only, won't see the crowds of phoneshops anywhere in world, right?
what does it matter what OS it is, it'll get overwritten the minute it gets into a developer's finger, won't it?

two, it is a consumer device, the one and only Maemo / MeeGo device we'll see from NOKIA this year.
what does it look like,
wait, let me think, it hink, i seem to remember... iOS, maybe?
why would it look like iOS?
like i posted earlier, the teaser only was a scam from rotten iPotatos to NOKIA customers.
one more proof.
or, maybe, NOKIA looked around and wondered what seemed to be the most popular "smart phone" interface @ the moment?
if they want to be popular & sell millions of it, they might as well choose a popular interface, no?
if they can offer what attracts most buyers to iOS (more exactly, the devices iOS runs on, 'cuz i think even the most casual rotten iPotatos user dislikes the way they can't do anything w/ the device, not even make phone calls properly BUT offer them:
- an open source freely upgradable OS
- multitasking
- real sound quality
- build in VOIP so you don't have to give Steve Jobs your CC # so he can plunder it @ will
maybe a few users would even come back to NOKIA, who knows?
it's sure worth a try...

Posts: 190 | Thanked: 167 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Brazil
Originally Posted by xerxes2 View Post
So they will still sell it?
By "dev device" I think it just mean that Nokia will not advertise it as a mainstream device, as N97 and N8.

Maybe they are considering MeeGo not like avegage-joe-friendly enough, and will target it to geeks and enthusiasts, mostly likely it happened with N900. Nokia made a lot of fuzz on how advanced and groundbreaking the device was, but mostly at the specialized sites, events and magazines.

Originally Posted by nilchak View Post
So now Eldar has another tweet about Volume sales
http://twitter.com/#!/eldarmurtazin/...60378866843648
What reinforces this opinion

I believe that Nokia, considering the move towards WP7, will release the N9 just to have some of the late Maemo/MeeGo R&D investiment back. Since they invested in the sofware and hardware for that, why completely sack it, when you have a loyal fanbase big enough for a minimal run?

Last edited by Verythrax; 2011-05-20 at 19:56.

So now Eldar has another tweet about Volume sales
http://twitter.com/#!/eldarmurtazin/...60378866843648

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nilchak For This Useful Post:
Posts: 819 | Thanked: 806 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ Oxnard, Ca.
I don't know why you guys keep saying n9 Nokia CTO Rich Green clearly says N950 here at :49
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=dl626dqZ6VM

Posts: 190 | Thanked: 167 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Brazil
Originally Posted by aironeous View Post
I don't know why you guys keep saying n9 Nokia CTO Rich Green clearly says N950 here at :49
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=dl626dqZ6VM
He doesn't sound very confident. It's more like he's saying "like a N900 v2, y'know?"

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Verythrax For This Useful Post:

Tags
duke nukem4eva, epic!, harmattan, n-950, nokia diamond, non-believers, rm680, wasteland