Active Topics

Posts: 99 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ Washington, DC
did anybody successfully installed Garnet on N800?

I was not able to install it, complaining about missing libraries.
http://www.access-company.com/products/gvm/index.html

what will be the repository to get those two libraries?

Posts: 122 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ here and there
I believe you can serch for the package on www.gronmayer.com/it and it will tell you the repo it's in.

The Following User Says Thank You to RioT For This Useful Post:
Posts: 46 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ South Carolina
I too tried to install Garnet but found 3 apps missing. hildon0fm1(>= 1.14), hildon-libs0(>=0.14.11-1), and libdbus-1-2(>=0.61). Went to Gronmayer site and searched for apps. Found them (with correct versions) in Maemo Bora repository. Even though the apps were available it still says it can't find them. Anybody successful??

Strangely, trying to install the new FMRadio app I encounter exactly the same missing apps. The dependencies are found (again) in Maemo Bora free non-free repository but reinstalling the repository does nothing. Any of you experienced Linux techies have any idea?

Last edited by paulmorin; 2007-12-02 at 23:41. Reason: Additional material

Posts: 234 | Thanked: 40 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Cincinnati, Ohio USA
I haven't goten it either. Next to a working garnet install, a RSS feed for working-pending 2008 software would be nice.

Posts: 99 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ Washington, DC
well if anybody get any success installing it, please let the rest of us know.

thanks.

The Following User Says Thank You to ShyBoy For This Useful Post:
I managed to get it working you need to go to http://gronmayer.com/it and add the chinook repo to your tablet. Cheers!

I downloaded and installed the N810 version successfully on the N800. My guess is N800 really means OS2007 and N810 means OS2008.

Even though the repository shows the dependencies required it wont install because it says it cant find those very same dependencies.

Hi everybody,

i just want to say that SDH is right. I've tried everything but couldn't install garnet VM on my n800. Then i've tried to install the n810-version on my n800 and it works. thanks sdh.

I just downloaded the N810 version and it installed just fine. Don't know if it will run but at least it installed where the N800 version wouldn't.'' Now I am wondering about the FMRadio app which shows the same modules as Garnet missing.