Notices

Posts: 12 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Lagos, Nigeria.
Originally Posted by SpandexBob View Post
I bumped into a problem with witter. I'd forgotten to configure OAuth and witter just hung on startup when trying to retrieve my timeline. I've posted a bug report about this.

If anyone else bumps into this problem I solved the issue with witter hanging on start up by opening xterm and typing:
Code:
mv .witter .witter.back
You then have to setup your twitter account details again making sure that you configure OAuth in the account setup screen.
thanks a lot bob. seems to be responding after ur fix. cld u explain a lil what exactly was done? moved the configuration folder?

Posts: 32 | Thanked: 34 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ London
@bravomike67 the problem happens because witter stores the wrong credentials in the .witter and when witter starts it can't authenticate with those creds. Moving the .witter file out of the way causes witter to start with no credentials.

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
I'm having similar problems with Twimgo, Witter, Tweedsuit and Khweeture (forget the spelling of the last one). I get a 404 authorization error message and am asked to check the username and password. They are correct. I have been using these programs for years with the same info. I can open a browser and access twitter with no problem. Suggestions?

Edit:

jpala16 comments in the Twimgo thread that he removed Twimgo and then

"I realized that some packages were said to be not necessary. A lot of packages named as "libqtm-11-*". Today I uninstalled them, saw that fMobi stopped working, and installed them again by installing "libqtm-11-declarative". The rest were installed as dependencies, I think. Now TwimGo is working."

I have a feeling my problem is similar, but I tried his solution a couple of times and it didn't solve my problem.

Last edited by geneven; 2011-12-12 at 13:01.

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
My problem appears to have been fixed by software updates. At least Twimgo seems to work now.