Active Topics

Poll: Have you successfully installed Nitdroid by now?
Poll Options
Have you successfully installed Nitdroid by now?

Posts: 293 | Thanked: 81 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Al Quds, Isawiya
hi people
do you know if android 2.1 runs faster than 2.2 or 2.3.4.
because the 2.3.4 runs slow and takes too much battery and hangs often.
i didnt own the N900 when the 2.1 was ported so i only installed Gingerbread and froyo.
And they are too slow compared with the galaxy s.
Do you know if android 2.1 did run faster on the n900 than 2.3.4?
thank you.

hello

i have a problem. it says "the process com.android.phone has stopped unexpectedly".

how to solve this?

please help me. will appreciate it much.

Last edited by shafixx; 2011-05-21 at 20:00.

Posts: 428 | Thanked: 226 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Philippines
Originally Posted by oopockystixoo View Post
Hi JimmyAM,

I'm still trying to figure it out..I'll let you know if I get anywhere...

Can someone tell me what am I supposed to do after I download the image + kernel file to /MyDocs? Do I need a special program on my phone to extract it ? Or do I just leave it as is? The same goes with the kernel.

Thanks.
Friend,

The answer is in the Wiki Page of NITDroid installation.

http://wiki.maemo.org/Nitdroid_easy_install_on_EMMC

Originally Posted by JimmyAM View Post
ok got it, it worked for me, installed and functioning, having few issues like cam not working voice calling not working, I will search out to see if there are any fixes, if you need help in installing tell me.

Friend,

Those things have always been mentioned as "not yet working" in the whole thread.

Originally Posted by oopockystixoo View Post
oohhh you're right! It worked. I'll try to be more careful..but why is it that when I typed
root
cd /home/user/MyDocs
bzip2 -d NITDroid-0.0.9.tar.bz2

it says bzip2: Can't open input file NITDroid-0.0.9.tar.bz2: No such file or directory...I'm soo sorry. I'm fairly new at this....
Friend,

Translating to human language, it means that The X Terminal is complaining because the file "NITDroid-0.0.9.tar.bz2" is NOT in "/home/user/MyDocs". It's telling you that it can't find it in "/home/user/MyDocs".

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to topet2k12001 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Islamabad, Pakistan
Can anyone post the complete method for uninstalling NITDroid. I am done with the following step :
"root
mount /dev/mmcblk0p2 /and -o noatime
nitdroid-uninstaller"

but need to know the file that are to be removed using filebox.
I was having some issue with Froyo installed on N900, so planning to uninstall and give it a try again.
Problems faced were: i have two access-points.both have WPA/WPA2 security modes. While running Android I was able to connect with one of them. The other one is not showing up in the search menu. Any guess what might the issue be.

Second is a question or fault i am not sure of that. While dialing calls from Android there is no Audio both sending & receiving. Is it a bug, installation error or is it just not supported ? If not supported does this one cannot use the GSM network for calls by any means.

Originally Posted by sohaibatta View Post
Second is a question or fault i am not sure of that. While dialing calls from Android there is no Audio both sending & receiving. Is it a bug, installation error or is it just not supported ? If not supported does this one cannot use the GSM network for calls by any means.
Look at the first page of this thread......CALLS ARE NOT CURRENTLY WORKING!!!!!!

1. Maemo CSSU (Stock Kernel)
2. Maemo CSSU (Power Kernel 48)
3. Nitdroid N12 UMay (Kernel 2.6.28-07 6-RC6)
4. Backupmenu

Posts: 2 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Islamabad, Pakistan
and what files does one need to remove manually. I can locate the folder but which file are to be deleted. It a beginners question :S

hi ammyt

you have worked agreat job so thanks alot

im new on this sight

l had installed nit 11 vostok and it worked fine,
so i would like to try the new version of nitdroid (12)
i removed the vostok version yesterday and tried to install the new version (n12)
and installed fine but i have abig problem

the problem is after booting the phone ,select the nitdroid ,,,,,,, , when the welcome screen appear the phone freeze and boot into the multiboot screen again every time i choose the nitdroid

so what is the problem ? is it from my installation or the new kernel of android or my mobile????

iam waiting for your reply and hope to solve this problem

thanks alot again

Originally Posted by sohaibatta View Post
Can anyone post the complete method for uninstalling NITDroid. I am done with the following step :
"root
mount /dev/mmcblk0p2 /and -o noatime
nitdroid-uninstaller"

but need to know the file that are to be removed using filebox.
I was having some issue with Froyo installed on N900, so planning to uninstall and give it a try again.
Problems faced were: i have two access-points.both have WPA/WPA2 security modes. While running Android I was able to connect with one of them. The other one is not showing up in the search menu. Any guess what might the issue be.

Friend,

As for calls, it has always been asked throughout the thread. It is not yet supported (please, please...read the first post - thanks!).

As for removal/uninstalling NITDroid...I did this to my N900 yesterday just for the fun of it (yes, I was bored)...well, really just to test the instructions in the Wiki. Since the instruction was to delete folders, I didn't bother asking which files. My understanding was to delete the whole folder/s being mentioned (inclusive of whatever sub-folder or file was in there). Instruction at the Wiki worked as expected; my NITDroid was removed (and so was MultiBoot).

The Following User Says Thank You to topet2k12001 For This Useful Post:

Tags
community win, mor*nicindians, nitdroid