Notices

Just tested this out, and I can confirm that this is FAKE!
What a load of crap!

All it does is that it gives you the exact same image on each scan of some kind of computer chip/board. Totally useless and doesn't live upto its name. The author might as well have created an iFart app for maemo instead!

Last edited by badboyuk; 2011-05-23 at 12:19.

The Following User Says Thank You to badboyuk For This Useful Post:
Posts: 752 | Thanked: 284 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Malaysia
I think the x-ray-fake app could be an interesting and fun app. Imagine hours of fun during a boring seminar, and how to 'break the ice' for a boring dinner conversation. Imagine the looks on iPhone users when you're running the trick! That'll definitely be fun!

Can you release it on the standard downloads? Please???

The Following User Says Thank You to Joseph.skb For This Useful Post:
Administrator | Posts: 1,036 | Thanked: 2,019 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Germany
Originally Posted by badboyuk View Post
What a load of crap!

All it does is that it gives you the exact same image on each scan of some kind of computer chip/board. Totally useless and doesn't live upto its name. The author might as well have created an iFart app for maemo instead!
Did you really expect a "real" x-ray scanner? "Some kind of computer board" looks like a x-rayed n900 to me. Would you mind to stay out of this and get something useful running?!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to chemist For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,259 | Thanked: 1,341 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Germany
What a load of crap!

Okay, I reported your post to the Administrator:
In my opinion this user should get a verbal warning. Insult the hard work a other forum member has done is not nice and very contra-productive.
At other posts members are whining "we have not enought apps, why are there not more apps" and pointing to Android and iPhone - "there are 100000 more Apps" without questioning how much are useful and how many are dangerous crap.

What about creating yourself a application?
Perhaps then you're in a better position to criticize other peoples work?

If you really think for more than 5 seconds that you could create out of a phone a x-ray machine than perhaps it's not the fault of the programmer of this application. It's clearly a joke application. But in my opinion very well done and works without a problem. If it would appear at extras testing it would get my vote!
Perhaps I should begin to think about donating some money to the programmer to show hin that here are members that respect such work. Sadly I don't have a Paypal account. But perhaps I have now a reason to create one!

I can't remember myself the company at the moment. But I've seen a annoying TV Advertisement for a x-ray Application for Symbian, iPhone and others... 5€ to get a video of a wrist radiograph image! And this company made a lot of money if they were able to keep this kind of Adverstising running at TV for more than 2 years! But I can't remember myself a single story where someone has sued successfully this company because his iPhone hasn't become a 500000€ x-ray detector!
Could you explain me why?

Last edited by Helmuth; 2011-05-23 at 13:07. Reason: typo

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Helmuth For This Useful Post:
Administrator | Posts: 1,036 | Thanked: 2,019 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Germany
Give it a rest please! Back to topic.

BTW you don't need a paypal account to donate, a creditcard is just enough...

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to chemist For This Useful Post:
Posts: 337 | Thanked: 192 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Atlanta
Neo's shades had this app running in the lenses, that is how he was able to see the the Matrix code.....

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Deaconclgi For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,259 | Thanked: 1,341 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Germany
Originally Posted by chemist View Post
Give it a rest please! Back to topic.

BTW you don't need a paypal account to donate, a creditcard is just enough...
Thanks chemist. You're as always right.
Sometimes it's hard for me to keep cool. Perhaps I have Latin ancestors.

Donated now 15€ especially for this application! (yes, I was in rage - but it wouldn't hurt)
We need Developers for maemo, MeeGo and for the N9/50. Yes, the programmer has created more useful applications in the past. But it's the programmers decision what to develop and what not.

Somewhere in this thread the developer called this a learning project. I hope he wouldn't draw wrong conclusions about the feedback the community gave. I hope he or she wouldn't lose the passion and deliver more applications in the future.

A game would be also useless in my opinion... But this opinion may differ... and it's not about me.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Helmuth For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
What a load of crap!

Right?? I agree! I love it too!
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

The Following User Says Thank You to danramos For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 3,717 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
Can someone upload a videos about this app please

(My N900 is still in the repair service.... I'd really like to see what this thing just looks like)

Originally Posted by HtheB View Post
Can someone upload a videos about this app please

(My N900 is still in the repair service.... I'd really like to see what this thing just looks like)
It's not possible, I tried but the powerful X-Rays were so strong they erased the video

Cybot950 - Control a robot with your N9/N950
SMSPetFeeder - Build a Bluetooth/SMS dog feeder with Qt, N950, and arduino
Nerf950 - Use your N9/N950 to fire a Nerf gun

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kojacker For This Useful Post:

Tags
funny, jokeware, strange