Active Topics

Posts: 140 | Thanked: 369 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Ituzaingo, Argentina
here is my desktop #1, kind of work in progress

the damn wifi singal bug, anyone knows how to get rid of it?

EDIT: nvm, i think it's fixed

Last edited by Harick; 2011-05-23 at 22:38.

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Harick For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by SavageBrat View Post
Just wanted to take a minute to say thanks to bigears5000 for helping me in getting my flipclock up and running as it was kicking my rear,,so Thank You bigears5000..
How did you put that big clock and the shortcuts for the music?

Originally Posted by Harick View Post

the damn wifi singal bug, anyone knows how to get rid of it?

Very very nice .

Posts: 1,444 | Thanked: 461 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ pakistan
same concept of hidden queen beecons :P
all the beecons are hidden else than time ones

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to eefo For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Harick View Post

What kind of calendar widget is that? Could you also give me some info about the weathing thing above the calendar?

Finally question that tiny clock next to the real time (in the taskbar) is that for the alarm? If so could you share it

Last edited by SL65; 2011-05-24 at 14:06.

Posts: 565 | Thanked: 618 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Finland
Originally Posted by SL65 View Post
What kind of calendar widget is that? Could you also give me some info about the weathing thing above the calendar?

Finally question that tiny clock next to the real time (in the taskbar) is that for the alarm? If so could you share it
It's Calendar Home Widget.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to laasonen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 140 | Thanked: 369 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Ituzaingo, Argentina
Originally Posted by SL65 View Post

as laasonen said (btw, nice avatar =P) it's calendar home widget, a replace of the default calendar made by nicolai

and the widgets are not by me, but for minhtrimatrix, it's a rainmeter theme called morph

and the weather widget it's based on and iphone4 theme called revi-krs

i just tried to port (?) them (kind of) to QBW

oh, battery icon is this one, but modified to look like the rest, and change mha instead of voltage, thanx to dr_frost_dk here

also, if anyone knows a better way to get the current cpu usage, share it pls, this was the only one i found

EDIT.: 27/05/2011
i've redone the entire set of weather, now weather-one does all the job while the other widgets are barely outputs, this way consumes less ram and less cpu
#note: delete all widgets of the previous version and re import each beacon again

INSTALL

extract the .queen_beecon_dir folder to /home/user/.queen_beecon_dir
also you'll need ubuntu and droid fonts, if you dont have it, just extract the font folder to /opt/usr/fonts

battery and cpu usage are single beacons, but wifi and weather are various beacons working as one
so, import them and rearrange to look like the screen (or not)

for weather, add import the beacons (wet-icon, wet-desc, wet-temp, wet-place) this beacons does nothing, they are used as result of weather-one

inside weather-one command, you have to change the "XXXX0000" to your city code, get it from here
search for your city and you will see the code of it in the url (as http://www.weather.com/weather/today/XXXX0000)
they usually (if not always) are 4 letters and 4 numbers. for example, url for Buenos Aires, Argentina is
Code:
http://www.weather.com/weather/today/ARBA0009
so code is ARBA0009
optional, if you don't like/use the metric system, you can change the "unit=M" for "unit=F"

finaly, you have to replace the id<id ...> for the id of each widget (wet-icon, wet-desc, wet-temp, wet-place), in the command,
run-standalone.sh dbus-send --session --type=method_call --dest=oh.no.more.qbw /oh/no/more/qbwid<id wet-desc> oh.no.more.qbw.set_param_string string:"instanceCmd" string:"exit 1" string:"update_content";

for example, if your wet widgets are id9, id10, id 11..etc, command should be

Code:
run-standalone.sh dbus-send --session --type=method_call --dest=oh.no.more.qbw /oh/no/more/qbwid9 oh.no.more.qbw.set_param_string string:"instanceCmd" string:"...." string:"update_content";
run-standalone.sh dbus-send --session --type=method_call --dest=oh.no.more.qbw /oh/no/more/qbwid10 oh.no.more.qbw.set_param_string string:"instanceCmd" string:"..." string:"update_content";
etc etc

download

here is the alarm icon, it goes in /opt/usr/share/icons/<youriconpack>/18x18/hildon/
Attached Images

Last edited by Harick; 2011-05-27 at 22:32. Reason: new version

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Harick For This Useful Post:
Posts: 182 | Thanked: 84 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Jordan
Originally Posted by bigears5000 View Post
Just showing my latest screens
interesting

Posts: 1,163 | Thanked: 1,873 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ The Netherlands
Great news, futtawah shared his theme
Download it here: http://www.2shared.com/file/BR_oYKqm...ead_theme.html

I managed partly to make my n900 to show these icons up, but my statusarea not. As it uses the old icon only of a lower res :P

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mr_pingu For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,444 | Thanked: 461 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ pakistan
Originally Posted by mr_pingu View Post
Great news, futtawah shared his theme
Download it here: http://www.2shared.com/file/BR_oYKqm...ead_theme.html

I managed partly to make my n900 to show these icons up, but my statusarea not. As it uses the old icon only of a lower res :P
lmao

Tags
desktop, epic thread, fremantle, maemo, maemo 5, picture, pictures, screenshot, screenshots, show and tell