Posts: 1,503 | Thanked: 2,688 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Denmark
Originally Posted by Jigzy View Post
I ordered one on the 18th May no such problems for me!!!
It is still not confirmed that they have made the changes, i will buy an extra to test in a couple of days, when some dough as arrived

NOTE: have added a link in post #2 under disassemble to youtube
EDIT: hope the video helps

Last edited by dr_frost_dk; 2011-05-27 at 15:22.

The Following User Says Thank You to dr_frost_dk For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
It turns out that the Mugen battery group are CLUELESS IDIOTS.

I was one of the FIRST to buy one of the large batteries from Mugen for my N900.

I also bought several smaller batteries from Mugen for my N900.

It turns out that I LOST my cover recently on one of my frequent trips from Los Angeles to San Diego.

So now Mugen REFUSES TO SELL ME A REPLACEMENT.

Mugen CANNOT LOOK ME UP IN ITS RECORDS because that requires effort.

Mugen has lost a customer.

Just in case anyone cares, which I doubt, my real name is

Gene Venable

Posts: 323 | Thanked: 189 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Brazil
Originally Posted by anapospastos View Post
FYI I m using this external battery charger that can fully charge the scuds. Its output is very low, ~250-300mah, but for 5$ it is good. It takes it almost 5 hours for a full charge cycle. Also, you can use its usb output for other charges, ~800mah (didn't tested if this is the actual value).
I have one... it is broken in its first usage. Just be careful, it is my second (not the same, but all from china) that exploded. NEVER let it out of your eyes.

Posts: 1,141 | Thanked: 781 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Magical Unicorn Land
geneven, someone in USA is selling mugen covers on ebay for $15 shipped. Don't know if it is the 1st or 2nd gen cover or not.

Originally Posted by geneven View Post
It turns out that the Mugen battery group are CLUELESS IDIOTS.

I was one of the FIRST to buy one of the large batteries from Mugen for my N900.

I also bought several smaller batteries from Mugen for my N900.

It turns out that I LOST my cover recently on one of my frequent trips from Los Angeles to San Diego.

So now Mugen REFUSES TO SELL ME A REPLACEMENT.

Mugen CANNOT LOOK ME UP IN ITS RECORDS because that requires effort.

Mugen has lost a customer.

Just in case anyone cares, which I doubt, my real name is

Gene Venable
Man that sucks as* big time, maybe they ran out of covers because of my influence, sorry for that if this is the case....

But now it is confirmed that they are not selling more covers, i will try on wednesday to see if i can acquire one

lol lucky i ordered 2 mugen covers lol even though 1 doesnt fit properly.

dr_frost, what about putting into post # 2 info about difference between 1st gen and 2nd gen of mugen covers? I'm not lazy, but even I have trouble finding info about that in so huge topic. I even don't know which one i ordered following current instruction in post #2

Originally Posted by Estel View Post
dr_frost, what about putting into post # 2 info about difference between 1st gen and 2nd gen of mugen covers? I'm not lazy, but even I have trouble finding info about that in so huge topic. I even don't know which one i ordered following current instruction in post #2
Well i have never had a gen1, they sold gen2 from way before i bought my first mugen cover, so i don't expect to buy gen1 unless buying used from ebay....

the difference is of course important, the gen1 has no magnet so this means no MicroSD unless you put in your own mini magnet (which you can buy from many sites)
I cannot not remember if the camera "shutter" was present on gen1.

But again you should not run into gen1 covers unless you buy second hand.

The Following User Says Thank You to dr_frost_dk For This Useful Post:
Posts: 55 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Italy
With some days of testing, i can say that with the soldering wire is working very well, awesome battery length, i can finally use the phone all the day without thinking about the energy saving.

The Following User Says Thank You to pfontana77 For This Useful Post:
Did anyone buy from this seller : http://www.aliexpress.com/snapshot/101063738.html ?
I'm waiting 4 weeks already now. (Germany)

Tags
battery, battery test, best battery, good bad ugly, modding, mugen battery, scud battery, tool got banned, yasirrfc