Poll: Nokia to release the Maemo Source Code.
Poll Options
Nokia to release the Maemo Source Code.

Closed Thread
Posts: 62 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ India
Originally Posted by demolition View Post

ps. (to all) I'm trying out Opera 11. Anyone find entering text into a <textarea> a bit odd?
ya i do..the screen auto fits to the whole area and once we complete writting its a lil tricky to run out..what i do is bring in the virtual keypad and press done then scroll down to post....

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thashku For This Useful Post:
@joerg_rw: wholly agree, regarding which groups have received the code. Pretty disgraceful behaviour and a perhaps an indicator of why profits are not better - look after your current customers before you seek new ones (bird in the hand and all that). Yes, it would be quicker and probably cheaper [for Nokia etc.] to release the code if it's as rubbish as is reported.
*Don't anyone bash me for my comments on Nokia's attitude - my facetiousness is because I think many of us seem to be acquiring brick imprints on our foreheads; but bone is stronger than stone (in tension and rotation, anyway)!

One idea might be to campaign for equal status - repeat this petition with something like "Any code released by Nokia and device partners to develop Meego, should also be released to develop/maintain existing versions Maemo" - even if only released to certain people with NDAs? Just an idea - what do people think? Please reword in a way that's most likely to achieve the result. I'm keen to iron out the "wontfix in M5 but M6 will work" bugs, where there's no h/w limitation, so something to include that would be good.

@texrat - There are areas where the N900 does not perform as advertised. There is a sliding scale of problem areas from distinctly dodgy through to usable but buggy. Either way, these need to be fixed and releasing code might be a cheaper means of doing this.
How can action be taken to address these cases?

Edit:
@thashku - that's what I meant. I'll have a look through the Opera bugs and see if it's mentioned or I'll file one.

Last edited by demolition; 2011-05-29 at 23:34.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to demolition For This Useful Post:
Banned | Posts: 3,412 | Thanked: 1,043 times | Joined on Feb 2010
Poll count now stands at 492 for and 20 against.

Why the 20 have voted no for progression on the N900 is baffling.

@Demolition The Poll does not need to be repeated as it is here for your idea's to be put forward, any help from anyone is welcome here.

Posts: 1,425 | Thanked: 983 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Hong Kong
Originally Posted by abill_uk View Post
Why the 20 have voted no for progression on the N900 is baffling.
Say....why would iPhone fans want source code from Nokia?

The Following User Says Thank You to 9000 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
Looking at the figures now as you said is approx 95% for and as it grows we might just see a huge morality boost for the CSSU team

The numbers of votes so far are only based at the moment on maybe 2% of the population of members on this Community so please get your votes in and give some moral boost to the CSSU team.
In case you are curious: I don't think you are talking about a morality boost as in the first paragraph quoted, or a moral boost, as in the other paragraph quoted.

The word you are looking for is "morale".

Though I don't suppose they need a morale boost either. They are doing a great job; they must know that and they must feel good about it already, without whatever boosting you want to provide.

Banned | Posts: 3,412 | Thanked: 1,043 times | Joined on Feb 2010
Originally Posted by geneven View Post
In case you are curious: I don't think you are talking about a morality boost as in the first paragraph quoted, or a moral boost, as in the other paragraph quoted.

The word you are looking for is "morale".

Though I don't suppose they need a morale boost either. They are doing a great job; they must know that and they must feel good about it already, without whatever boosting you want to provide.
Please direct your comments to helping this community and refrain from posts directed at me.

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
Please direct your comments to helping this community and refrain from posts directed at me.
I don't suppose that slinging words around randomly without regard to their meaning, implications, or consequences helps the community. Let's wait six months and tote up the benefits this poll unleashes.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to geneven For This Useful Post:
You should consider running for presidency in the USA, you have that Bush quality.

The Following User Says Thank You to Daneel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,425 | Thanked: 983 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Hong Kong
Originally Posted by Daneel View Post
You should consider running for presidency in the USA, you have that Bush quality.
Thank God you didn't ask for Obama's quality, otherwise you'd be executed at where you live while he'd be looking at your panic face on a big screen remotely.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 9000 For This Useful Post:
A laugh is a good way to start the day, thanks!

Originally Posted by 9000 View Post
Thank God you didn't ask for Obama's quality, otherwise you'd be executed at where you live while he'd be looking at your panic face on a big screen remotely.

The Following User Says Thank You to Daneel For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread

Tags
current, daddys ketchup, flog dead horse, give him, just shoot me, must not say no, no argue ok, play nice, situation, yes or highway