Notices

Originally Posted by sjgadsby View Post
If you find an open source Facebook client that supports the creation of new locations, please provide a link to it.
If I knew of a open source (or paid for) I think I would be using it as opposed to asking for it to be add to Sociality ...

Chris

The Following User Says Thank You to Joker7 For This Useful Post:
any chance you could implment notifications for things like private messages. and posts on your wall? when the application is open.

Posts: 2,473 | Thanked: 12,265 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Jerusalem, PS/IL
Private messages, working on it, wall posts, it's in the next version (uploading it in 10 mins)

And it's in -devel.

Last edited by MohammadAG; 2011-05-30 at 01:58.

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to MohammadAG For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
Originally Posted by Joker7 View Post
If I knew of a open source (or paid for) I think I would be using it as opposed to asking for it to be add to Sociality ...
Ah, but I didn't mean just for Maemo 5.

An open source Facebook client for any platform will be helpful if that client includes any features for which MohammadAG has been unable to find documentation. He wouldn't be able to copy code straight from, say, an iOS app written in Objective-C, but he'd be able to see how how that app communicates with Facebook. That would be enough for him to reimplement the features in Sociality.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sjgadsby For This Useful Post:
Posts: 397 | Thanked: 241 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Melbourne, Australia
Hi there,
I just updated Sociality to 0.2.0, and I can't get it to work from the Icon or xterm. I have done a reboot, and still won't start.

When using the icon, I get the splash screen which looks like the start page, and then it just exits.

When using xterm (/usr/bin/sociality or ./opt/usr/bin/sociality), I get the following error message:

Code:
/opt/usr/bin/sociality: symbol lookup error: /opt/usr/bin/sociality: undefined symbol: _ZN20QeMaemo5Notification16staticMetaObjectE
Anyone else have this problem?

Edit: Thanks for the update MAG.

Last edited by travla; 2011-05-30 at 02:34. Reason: Refer to Edit:

The Following User Says Thank You to travla For This Useful Post:
Posts: 723 | Thanked: 519 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Kuching:Malaysia
having a bit trouble on your latest version....kinda annoying at first then i realize how to solve it....

now to anyone having trouble having to login every time you open this apps then do this step....

1.open facebook using microB & login to you account....
2.then go to privacy setting/apps & websites....
3.in the apps that you using go to edit setting....
4.in edit setting remove the Nokia N900 apps from it...
5.after remove closed microB & open sociality (facebook icon on your phone)
6.once open it will ask for you to login & permission to use sociality on your account...accept it then you will automaticly open facebook touch sites (dont worry about it, just press the back button & your done)....

if you dont follow this step (only if you having trouble as i am) then you see...

1.need to login everytime you open this apps....
2.you wont able to see news feed (keep loading/never stop) your proflies & etc....

@M.A.G = love your latest update....still testing it...will give you feeback later on...

Last edited by pusak gaoq; 2011-05-30 at 02:45.

Posts: 2,021 | Thanked: 1,060 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Hong Kong
The @Loading@ word doesnt gone again...after refresh in News feed

Posts: 738 | Thanked: 179 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Gold Coast, Australia
lmfao love the sound notification i turned my head to see who had an iphone sitting around realized its ours, is there a way to push notifications somhow like an sms notification or email notification the yellow box that would be so fing awsome

Posts: 738 | Thanked: 179 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Gold Coast, Australia
mines working fine love it awsome work man please keep working on it

Thanks MOHAMMADAG.. the update is awesome..!

Tags
facebook, facebook client