Notices

Thank you this is helpful. STRANGE... but helpful

P.S: I was able to reproduce it here. My problem is that I live in an area with way too good GPS reception I basically have to wrap the phone in grounded aluminium foil or go into our dirt cellar to kill the signal

LOL, see the error. Some code that actually does stuff had slipped into a case only true when verbose=1. OOPS

/Z

Last edited by MasterZap; 2011-05-30 at 12:26.

The Following User Says Thank You to MasterZap For This Useful Post:
Ok, when build 47 shows up it will have this fixed (as well as the facebook problem posted before here).

I'm actually more surprised how build 44 ever worked

/Z

Originally Posted by MasterZap View Post
Ok, when build 47 shows up it will have this fixed (as well as the facebook problem posted before here).
Zaploc v47 is in the repository, testing now... (for Facebook Places)

EDIT: It works \o/
May I request a feature? It would be nice to add a Facebook Place to my existing Zaplocs. This way I wouldn't have to delete and recreate all my Zaplocs

Last edited by Xudonax; 2011-05-30 at 12:51.

Originally Posted by Xudonax View Post
Zaploc v47 is in the repository, testing now... (for Facebook Places)

EDIT: It works \o/
May I request a feature? It would be nice to add a Facebook Place to my existing Zaplocs. This way I wouldn't have to delete and recreate all my Zaplocs
You actually don't need to delete them, you can just re-create them, and any zaploc reffering the same "true" spots gets auto-deleted. So it's *almost* like editing, but not really.

(I.e. if a spot references Gowalla place "Bobs House", Fourquare spot "Bobs Rezidenze", and you create a new ZapLoc reffering either of those (or both), the original one will disappear (you can't have two ZapLoc's reffering to the same database item).

I have no plan to add an explicit editing interface... really. Not something you do very often, methinks. But who knows. Some day. Maybe. Don't hold your breath, though, unless blue is your color

/Z

Posts: 168 | Thanked: 206 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Finland
If good GPS reception then no problems, if not then it never goes to sleep. I could reproduce problems also with v44, so I was just lucky to receive GPS signal then. This just verifies your assumtion about root cause.

Thanks again! Your software is great and support even better

Originally Posted by Gusse View Post
. I could reproduce problems also with v44, so I was just lucky to receive GPS signal then.
Ah, that will help me sleep a little better. I know I'm getting old and my memory is hazy, but I had no memory touching that corner of the code. It should have been broken in 44 as well.

/Z

Originally Posted by MasterZap View Post
You actually don't need to delete them, you can just re-create them, and any zaploc reffering the same "true" spots gets auto-deleted. So it's *almost* like editing, but not really.
Well, if it is that easy then there is no need for an explicit interface. Thank you!

Posts: 168 | Thanked: 206 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Finland
I have an issue with Zaploc and network connection.
I'm using "AutoDisconnect" to kill unused network connection to save the battery. If there is less than 2kB/min during 3min period, connection will be closed.

ZapLoc should update location but without connection it makes an error.
Code:
20:13:11: Got loc data xx.465109,yy.356086 (acc 206.965000), head 2.250000, speed 1.584000, Mode 2 (Cell-tower), Try 0
20:13:11: Latitude update xx.465109,yy.356086 (acc 206.965000)
20:13:11: Error updating location <class 'httplib2.ServerNotFoundError'>
20:13:11: Sleeping... Zzzzz
20:13:11: Force-Sleeping [*bonk!*].... Zzzzzz
20:13:14: Got loc data xx.465109,yy.356086 (acc 206.965000), Mode 0 (Cached) - IGNORED
To sync the mails, phone is set to connect to net in every 30min. (internet connections). More detail explanation why and how is below.
AutoDisconnect Wiki and autosync

Phone Control (DBUS)
Connect to any saved connection
Disconnect internet (This is probably not needed due to usage of AutoDisconnect)

Could similar functionality be included to Zaploc?
Example: When ZapLoc is trying to update location, then run the dbus command to initiate connection (even if connection is already open).

EDIT: This could be like an additional option that user can select from background updates (force to open network connection)

Last edited by Gusse; 2011-05-31 at 07:33.

Heh, I just realized that the GPS code I use is off by an order of magnitude in the "accuracy" returned. No wonder we get so weird accuracies from cell towers et. al.... the value should be 10 times bigger than it was displayed before.

I'll fix this... not that it matters for much usefulness-wise, but it will at least display the accuracies correctly..

/Z

Last edited by MasterZap; 2011-05-31 at 06:38.

Posts: 2,050 | Thanked: 1,425 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bucharest
It finally works, giving up if no location. Coincidentally, my GPS died.

Off to Nokia it goes.

Keep the forums clean: use "Thanks" button instead of the thank you post.