Active Topics

Posts: 1,425 | Thanked: 983 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Hong Kong
Elop said. "Our teams are aligned, and we have increased confidence that we will ship our first Nokia product with Windows Phone in the fourth quarter 2011."
But the problem is that he publicly announced to abandon Symbian three quarters earlier than the first appearence of a new Nokia WP7 Phone...

http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology...profit-warning

It looks more like earthquake to me than diving...
Attached Images

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 9000 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 551 | Thanked: 507 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ North West England
Just been reading a similar article in the Times today. There was also an editorial piece from Ian King, the Times Business Editor, titled "Nokia may be galloping in the wrong direction". All pretty damning stuff...

The Following User Says Thank You to JohnLF For This Useful Post:
Good time to buy out Nokia for cheepz! Too bad i bought 3 pairs of shoes this month :/

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Daneel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,225 | Thanked: 1,905 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Quezon City, Philippines
At this rate, TMO might just be able to pool enough cash to buy out Nokia.

Posts: 4,365 | Thanked: 2,467 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Australia Mate
Originally Posted by Daneel View Post
Good time to buy out Nokia for cheepz! Too bad i bought 3 pairs of shoes this month :/
good time to buy the shares if their value will increase

Posts: 738 | Thanked: 983 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ London
Originally Posted by Hurrian View Post
At this rate, TMO might just be able to pool enough cash to buy out Nokia.
I think Nokia might just be like an old sport car: full of cool stuff, cheap to buy, and it costs you a hell lot of money each year just to keep it running.

The Following User Says Thank You to erendorn For This Useful Post:
I would not go even near of Nokia stock for next 3 months.
One more profit warning is likely for Q3, if not even another for Q2.

At that point i will fill my pockets on Nokia stocks as we would be on the silly category where Nokia's assets are much higher than it's market value. If Nokia is going to pay 0,40cent divident per share next year, that if anything would be crazy.

Posts: 1,425 | Thanked: 983 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Hong Kong
Originally Posted by Daneel View Post
Good luck with that. If you have read the linked article or related reviews, Nokia is expected to issue more sales warnings in next and next's next quarter, until their 'promised' new WP7 phone release.

After that, they'd have to pray to God their WP7 would sell good.

In meanwhile, Elop might try to offset the lost by massive reduction in R&D budget. Fortunately for him, Nokia has huge R&D budget to cut (only next to Google and Samsung but I dont have the figure ATM), and that would buy him some time.....

buy him some time to open his golden parachute before Nokia's stocks drop to hopeless level.

The Following User Says Thank You to 9000 For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
No new anything shown that's a blockbuster seller, a reduced presence in regards to their market share being somewhere around it was in 1998 or so, the public dropping of MeeGo for the lesser liked and bought (out of Android and iOS options) WP7... yeah.

No surprise here.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
No new anything shown that's a blockbuster seller, a reduced presence in regards to their market share being somewhere around it was in 1998 or so, the public dropping of MeeGo for the lesser liked and bought (out of Android and iOS options) WP7... yeah.

No surprise here.
They desperately need a blockbuster, which I think they don't have.

If they think the haptics is it, soon everybody will be doing it, so no big apple-like splash for sure. Besides who knows how this technology will behave.

Better to sit and wait.

Tags
free fall, nok+ms rox more, popcorn anyone?, yes please