Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 85 | Thanked: 36 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Berlin/Germany
just wanted to search for a youtube url in qmltube but it doesn't worked because the return keys isn't accepted!
can anyone search for yt urls?

Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
Originally Posted by bitrocky View Post
just wanted to search for a youtube url in qmltube but it doesn't worked because the return keys isn't accepted!
can anyone search for yt urls?
I'm not sure that I understand what you mean by 'return keys isn't accepted'. I can enter a YouTube video URL to go straight to the video info. Are you referring to the virtual keyboard? If so, I haven't yet found a way to respond to the press of the return key. If you use the virtual keyboard, you can search by pressing the search button after dismissing the keyboard.

My website

GitHub

Originally Posted by marxian View Post

* Changed behaviour of automatic loading of video items (items are now loaded once the last item of the list is reached).

If the player does not work when launching from the shortcut, please try

Code:
export QT_PLUGIN_PATH=/opt/qtm12/plugins
then

Code:
/opt/usr/bin/qmltube
This should definitely work, until I can figure out what is going on.
Thanks again for yet another update!

The auto-loading of search results finally works for me now. Good job

However, I cannot get the internal player to work with your instructions. After setting the QT_PLUGIN_PATH variable and launching qmltube from the terminal, I get:

file:///opt/usr/share/qmltube/qml/qmltube/VideoPlaybackView.qml:2:1: module "QtMultimediaKit" is not installed
file:///opt/usr/share/qmltube/qml/qmltube/scripts/mainscripts.js:252: TypeError: Result of expression 'loader.item' [null] is not an object.

So I guess I'm missing QTMultimediaKit.

Edit: marxian, is it possibly related to the autobuilder as described here:
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=67326

Last edited by generationally; 2011-06-01 at 12:15.

Posts: 138 | Thanked: 85 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Finland
Originally Posted by generationally View Post
file:///opt/usr/share/qmltube/qml/qmltube/VideoPlaybackView.qml:2:1: module "QtMultimediaKit" is not installed
file:///opt/usr/share/qmltube/qml/qmltube/scripts/mainscripts.js:252: TypeError: Result of expression 'loader.item' [null] is not an object.
Same situation for me...

Originally Posted by generationally View Post
Thanks again for yet another update!

The auto-loading of search results finally works for me now. Good job

However, I cannot get the internal player to work with your instructions. After setting the QT_PLUGIN_PATH variable and launching qmltube from the terminal, I get:

So I guess I'm missing QTMultimediaKit.
I must have set the dependencies incorrectly. I think the missing dependency is libqtm-12-declarative. So

Code:
apt-get install libqtm-12-declarative
should sort it.

My website

GitHub

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
I must have set the dependencies incorrectly. I think the missing dependency is libqtm-12-declarative. So

Code:
apt-get install libqtm-12-declarative
should sort it.
Yep, that helped

The Following User Says Thank You to generationally For This Useful Post:
Posts: 85 | Thanked: 36 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Berlin/Germany
I'm not sure that I understand what you mean by 'return keys isn't accepted'. I can enter a YouTube video URL to go straight to the video info. Are you referring to the virtual keyboard? If so, I haven't yet found a way to respond to the press of the return key. If you use the virtual keyboard, you can search by pressing the search button after dismissing the keyboard.
No, I mean the hardware keyboard, I tried this url http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=veQSKmOeRZs, I pasted it into the search string, then wanted to press return, but the search didn't started, nor was the search window closed, I could still move the cursor within the search string.
That was with the 0.8.3 version, I will retry with the 0.9.0 which I'm just installing...
No, doesn't work either, only If I add a space somewhere before the "=", then qmltube closes the search window and show the results.

Is cuteTube Player work? My videos don't play...

PS: here update for Italian translation v0.9.0
Attached Files
File Type: zip qml_it.zip (7.6 KB, 95 views)

The Following User Says Thank You to Berkt For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by bitrocky View Post
No, I mean the hardware keyboard, I tried this url http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=veQSKmOeRZs, I pasted it into the search string, then wanted to press return, but the search didn't started, nor was the search window closed, I could still move the cursor within the search string.
That was with the 0.8.3 version, I will retry with the 0.9.0 which I'm just installing...
No, doesn't work either, only If I add a space somewhere before the "=", then qmltube closes the search window and show the results.
There's an error parsing the XML for that video. The feature works for other videos that I've tested. I'll take a look at the XML feed and find out what's wrong.

EDIT: Fixed for the next update.

My website

GitHub

Last edited by marxian; 2011-06-01 at 12:52.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
Posts: 103 | Thanked: 162 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Germany
Nice job. CuteTube player works without problems for me. No additional terminal actions necessary...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sbock For This Useful Post:

Tags
cutetube, marxian = god, marxian legend, son of a gun, son of douche, son of fail, son of god, youtube