Posts: 74 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Dec 2005 @ San Jose
Ok, so I realize that probably everyone asks for help porting or figuring something out. So, I thought I'd just toss this one out there and see what the possibilities are.

Thus far I've been using the qpe-calendar some and it works ok. Its hard to transfer stuff though and of course there's the whole issue of importing comes in. Which brings me to this idea.

I saw this on digg today and it got me thinking. http://developer.yahoo.net/php/ is supposed to show you how to get to stuff using php and yahoo. Now I'm no php guy but it seems nifty. I also know that its possible to export your Yahoo calendar to a csv file.

Which brings me to my idea. Would it be possible to design a web page on a server somewhere, using php. That you could navigate to via the nokia, and download all your Yahoo calendar into qpe-calendar. Could it work? Or is this just some crazy idea in my head that I really don't know what I'm talking about. Just thought I'd toss it out there and see.

From a programming standpoint Getting the info from yahoo calendar would be easy (via several different methods). I don't know what file format gpe-celndar uses. is the format documented (I assume it is, but a quick google didn't return anything)? if it is, then it would be fairly easy to do. (1/2 days work?) and another 1/2 day if you want to be able to synch seemlessly in both directions.

So yes, it could work. But, Having said that, I don't use gpe-calendar.Hopefuly someone who has a need for it, and the programing skills will pick it up.

-Jason

Hi all
I am need of your help.
Is there any API for importing yahoo profile.
Can we import a yahoo profile?????

Plz do reply asap...
Thanks